Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Re: Do YOU own this Motorhome??

· 
Posted: 22.07.2016  ·  #41
Quote by augharan

Another 3 bay parker here tonight in Howth. NI reg.
As you can see, not a large van so plenty of room for him to park with the rest of us.

Maybe he/she can't reverse :D :D

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.07.2016  ·  #42
Quote by the fat controller

.......................... what law has he broken after all no marked bays ....................................

In that instance there is no law, but a sense of common courtesy should prevail.
When parking any vehicle where there are no marked bays one should use common sense and consideration for the parking needs of later arrivals AND take a cue from how the majority of other vehicles are parked.

Shivster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Six berth named Milly with cute red heart interior! Eurostyle emphasis on style
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.07.2016  ·  #43
WHY?
At this rate we will all have to do a special test to drive MH's due to stupidity!
Is it there inability to reverse or park?
Or are they just born stupid and selfish!
🇧🇭 🇧🇭 🇧🇭

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.07.2016  ·  #44
The culprits that park over clearly marked bays are the ones that get all of us a bad name. Continue to put pictures on of the selfishness of these people and maybe they will change. The other van parked in car park without designated bays is not breaking any laws and shouldn't have had his picture and registration put on. I think that was wrong.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.07.2016  ·  #45
Quote by GMAC

The other van parked in car park without designated bays is not breaking any laws and shouldn't have had his picture and registration put on. I think that was wrong.

I agree and I don't think any photos should be put up when we have no control over what is put up. Lately this thread is becoming a witch hunt. What good are the photos we all look at them and moan, when we should be seen in public to be anti this kind of behaviour. The general public don't see these photos, if the people taking these photos feel so strongly about bad parking why don't they have a word with the offenders. If I was in New castle not knowing the parking arrangements There I might have parked like that guy and on the back of my Motorhome there is a big Phoenix Motorhome Club and a big Motorhomecraic stickers, I think it is time to take them down if these photos continue.

JAG147
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.07.2016  ·  #46
Quote by augharan

Another 3 bay parker here tonight in Howth. NI reg.
As you can see, not a large van so plenty of room for him to park with the rest of us.

I don't see anyone else in that car park, what's wrong with that, maybe late in the evening and nobody else there?

denboye
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Globecar Campscout
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 150 bhp
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.07.2016  ·  #47
Yes I would agree with JAG147, I don't think there is an issue here, as can be seen from the second photo the 3 bay Parker wasn't even spoiling anyone's view from parking on other side.I must admit I would not have parked up this way irrespective of size as it just looks so out of place and in my view this is what authorities look at and there's not much more room left on this pier to move onto !!!! 🇧🇭 As has been said before a little bit of thought/consideration can work wonders :up:

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.07.2016  ·  #48
Quote by Douzeper

Quote by the fat controller

what law has he broken after all no marked bays

I feel that we are being irresponsible in posting his reg number on here when no law is being broken

The law of common sense and being kind to your fellow man.

Personally I feel that most of the time common sense never even comes into it, that person probably arrived saw an opportunity and took it, everyone does it in some form or other wether in a car, motorhome, bicycle or whatever, and it's not just motoring related.

If common sense was a law the streets would be empty, the jails overflowing and no one to act as police, judge or jury

glastry
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Mercedes-Benz hymer s550
Base Vehicle: Mercedes
Subject:

First draught only!!!

· 
Posted: 23.07.2016  ·  #49
Hi_and welcome to (. )
This is part of a promotion by the Motorhomecraic forum to encourage motorhomers to park sensibly when in the area.
No one is dictating to you -- All we are asking you to do is take a minute to consider if you are parked
In a way that breaks no council rules or bylaws! And does not obstruct the general public.
That generally means park inside the marked parking bays.
If your van is too big for the space it usually means you should not be here.
Apply common sense to your chosen parking spot.
Motorhomes have been getting a bad press recently due to a few very inconsiderate people,
And we are only trying trying to fix that.
It only takes a minute to think!
Something along those lines ?
I have no doubt that some one on here can draw it up much better!
Has to be better than making an enemy of people and might even get a few new members.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.07.2016  ·  #50
Good idea John,

But if the local council see any signage/stickers they may not want them, and request that they be taken down,
At least that's what they do down south,
Now if there was a sign that didn't mention MHC the council would have no where to complain,
Then if some lad bought one of them MHC stickers from Done Deal for €200 and put it at the bottom of the sigh it might be different :whistle:

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.07.2016  ·  #51
I put the pictures up which clearly displayed the reg. number. The reasons were simple, even though there are no "bays", there were only about 7 vehicles in the carpark at the time. The van could have been parked with consideration to other road users who wanted to avail of the view seawards. Whats the point of showing the pictures if the owner can't be identified? Surely on a separate occasion on this forum people were saying name and shame, it can't be totally against the grain to name them. There were lots of times when the van could have been moved to a position more in keeping with the shape and layout of the carpark. This was a selfish, inconsiderate act which I would have no hesitation in posting again. So for those who think it might not be valid to make such posts, look back in anger at what happened at Howth.

glastry
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Mercedes-Benz hymer s550
Base Vehicle: Mercedes
Subject:

Possible advice sticker

· 
Posted: 23.07.2016  ·  #52
[quote="mad max"Thanksidea John,

But if the local council see any signage/stickers they may not want them, and request that they be taken down,
At least that's what they do down south,
Now if there was a sign that didn't mention MHC the council would have no where to complain,
Then if some lad bought one of them MHC stickers from Done Deal for €200 and put it at the bottom of the sigh it might be different :whistle:
[/quote]

Thanks for looking,---i had imagined a small advice card to leave on an offending camper van!

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.07.2016  ·  #53
Quote by Helgahobby

I put the pictures up which clearly displayed the reg. number. The reasons were simple, even though there are no "bays", there were only about 7 vehicles in the carpark at the time. The van could have been parked with consideration to other road users who wanted to avail of the view seawards. Whats the point of showing the pictures if the owner can't be identified? Surely on a separate occasion on this forum people were saying name and shame, it can't be totally against the grain to name them. There were lots of times when the van could have been moved to a position more in keeping with the shape and layout of the carpark. This was a selfish, inconsiderate act which I would have no hesitation in posting again. So for those who think it might not be valid to make such posts, look back in anger at what happened at Howth.

Posting a picture and naming and shaming is one thing if laws are broken and even then we have to be careful in that should there be any form of legal case going through the courts we could be held in contempt, like wise publicly putting someone's reg number and identifying them could bring the forum to the courts on counts of slander, this person did not break any laws, they may have been inconsiderate in their actions but there is no law against that, remember everyone is guilty of inconsiderate actions at some point, should we start naming and shaming everyone that does something which upsets ore craicers.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, we could be opening Pandora's box and once opened you can't close it.

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.07.2016  ·  #54
My dear old dad used to use the term "Barrack Room Lawyers" a lot. Some of what John says is correct in my opinion, and again,this forum is to express opinions, as well as see them.
It's all very well to write complaining about something irksome, but how many of us actually do anything about it? As for being taken to court on this or similar matters? Really?

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.07.2016  ·  #55
As the law stands in Northern Ireland it is very easy to take a person/organisation etc to court for perceived slander, especially over internet based statements. We are not on the same rulings per England or ROI, our version of these laws are more stringent and can be enforced more rigorously. As MHC is based in NI we have to be very careful about what we post and how we are perceived in dealing with maters such as these.

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.07.2016  ·  #56
Cheers John.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.