petie
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Seized engine in France

· 
Posted: 29.09.2017  ·  #81
That was a journey you'l never forget,sorry the phone numbers were of no use to you, they were just plucked from the internet.If your saying it costs about 1300 euro to get recovered about 200 miles that's a total rip off, As you have mentioned, we will have to take the advice of others and get the ADAC from now on,maybe Dolmen should be made aware of your delima and could do a little bit more towards repatriation costs even if it would cost a few more euro on our policies.Hope you get the van sorted soon and get back out on the road.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.09.2017  ·  #82
Thanks for the update and good luck with the van :up:

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.09.2017  ·  #83
Glad you're back in the Emerald Isle. I know it's been a rough time for you but learn from the experience.

johnnymac
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Adria 660SP
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.09.2017  ·  #84
Yes, I agree with Jack I'm glad that you're back too. The main thing is that you are safe and well. After following your story here. I joined ADAC just last week.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.09.2017  ·  #85
Johnny, could you share the contact details for ADAC please as I might get it rather than doing individual ones for each trip.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.09.2017  ·  #86
Jack as you a known to be a man who is careful with funds it will be a good investment to take out ADAC, they cover you and your good lady wife in whatever vehicle you are in, even if only a passenger throughout Europe. I know I wouldnt be without it.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.09.2017  ·  #87
Glad you’re home and the van is on the way to better health.
Horrible experience you had and maybe an eye opener for us continental travelers to avail of ADAC.

johnnymac
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.09.2017  ·  #88
Johnny, could you share the contact details for ADAC please as I might get it rather than doing individual ones for each trip.
Jack the Rev
Co Antrim

Hi Jack,
I called the number that was listed in this thread. The lady that answered the phone asked me to email me and my wife's full details, full names, address, dates of birth and email these to service@adac.de I did all this and waited for a couple of days and I didn't hear anything from them. On a UK motorhome website I saw a thread about ADAC and it gave an email address of ann-katrin.zintl@sby.adac.de so I emailed her and had a reply the next day telling me how to join, so I joined for the two of us it was €113.00 euro including a €4.00 joining charge. She emailed me back our membership numbers right away and sent the policy details in English by email and said that we should receive the membership cards by post in about 4 weeks. The next day I received an email from service@adac.de stating this:

"Thank you for your message and interest in joining ADAC.
Please note that the ADAC (Plus) membership provides a reduced range of services and benefits
for members residing outside Germany. The classic membership covers breakdown assistance in
Germany only.
ADAC Plus members will not be entitled to benefits such as spare parts dispatch, vehicle customs
duties and scrapping, credits and cash service in Germany and in their country of residence.
In view of the above, would you please verify whether a local organisation offers a product that
better suits your needs.
Under the FIA umbrella organisation, ADAC cooperates with other automobile clubs. We believe
that your local automobile club might offer products that provide more comprehensive protection.
Please do not hesitate to get back to us with any questions.
Yours sincerely"
This didn't bother me too much as after reading joeirish's story I was really only interested in repatriation and this still seems to be covered. We were in France, Spain and Portugal earlier this year for six weeks and I hate to think what would have happened if we had broken down on the Algarve and to get the motorhome back home would have probably cost a small fortune.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.09.2017  ·  #89

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.09.2017  ·  #90
God bless you Joe. You were really put through the ringer.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.09.2017  ·  #91
Thanks a million Johnny for all that info.

joeirish
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2017  ·  #92
Quote by johnnymac

Jack the Rev
Co Antrim

Hi Jack,
I called the number that was listed in this thread. The lady that answered the phone asked me to email me and my wife's full details, full names, address, dates of birth and email these to service@adac.de I did all this and waited for a couple of days and I didn't hear anything from them. On a UK motorhome website I saw a thread about ADAC and it gave an email address of ann-katrin.zintl@sby.adac.de so I emailed her and had a reply the next day telling me how to join, so I joined for the two of us it was €113.00 euro including a €4.00 joining charge. She emailed me back our membership numbers right away and sent the policy details in English by email and said that we should receive the membership cards by post in about 4 weeks. The next day I received an email from service@adac.de stating this:

"Thank you for your message and interest in joining ADAC.
Please note that the ADAC (Plus) membership provides a reduced range of services and benefits
for members residing outside Germany. The classic membership covers breakdown assistance in
Germany only.
ADAC Plus members will not be entitled to benefits such as spare parts dispatch, vehicle customs
duties and scrapping, credits and cash service in Germany and in their country of residence.
In view of the above, would you please verify whether a local organisation offers a product that
better suits your needs.
Under the FIA umbrella organisation, ADAC cooperates with other automobile clubs. We believe
that your local automobile club might offer products that provide more comprehensive protection.
Please do not hesitate to get back to us with any questions.
Yours sincerely"
This didn't bother me too much as after reading joeirish's story I was really only interested in repatriation and this still seems to be covered. We were in France, Spain and Portugal earlier this year for six weeks and I hate to think what would have happened if we had broken down on the Algarve and to get the motorhome back home would have probably cost a small fortune.

ADAC no longer taking members from outside Germany!! Since yesterday. And even thought I had tried to join ADAC using their website on Saturday they still refuse to let me join. Any alternatives?

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2017  ·  #93
jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2017  ·  #94
Exactly JJF is how I feel too.

johnnymac
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2017  ·  #95
No, you can't join on the website unless you live in Germany. You must ring them or do as I did and email ann-katrin.zintl@sby.adac.de and wait a day or two for a reply. She will send you everything you need to join in English. Very easy process.
Hope this helps you,
John

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2017  ·  #96
Quote by johnnymac

No, you can't join on the website unless you live in Germany. You must ring them or do as I did and email ann-katrin.zintl@sby.adac.de and wait a day or two for a reply. She will send you everything you need to join in English. Very easy process.
Hope this helps you,
John

Just did there now.
Will update this site when reply from ADAC is received.

johnnymac
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2017  ·  #97
I forgot to mention that you must ask for ADAC PLUS as normal ADAC membership only covers Germany.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.10.2017  ·  #98
I emailed them and still waiting on a reply.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.