Matilda mark 2.

The pilote has landed

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: Matilda mark 2.

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #41
I have just finished the process bar the motor tax which is now merely a formality.
You will need the vehicle registration book/ log book, certs of conformity ( second hand they say it’s not necessary, but I found them referred to on two separate occasions as all information was not on log book.) Sales invoice, and an unladen weight docket, unsure if this is necessary for vans over 3,500kg. This is not stated anywhere on vrt website, but I had to get it. You must be able find the vin number on the chassis. On windscreen and plates under bonnet not good enough.
For cvrt you must have some official paperwork stating it’s a motor caravan. I had it from copy of original log book. Make copies of original log book, as it will be taken when you pay, not on first visit. vrt declaration or receipt did not state specifically that it was a motor caravan.
When going to pay bring all paperwork again as this is when it’s taken. I was told no need to bring MH or anything just pay. When I got there the only thing I didn’t need was the MH.
Also required for Vrt is engine number. As it wasn’t on original paperwork, I had to call into local main dealer and they put in original number plate and pulled it up for me. Not sure if that’s doable with a MH from the continent. That’s it.
You need to be flexible with your time as it is a bit time consuming.
Don’t think I missed anything. But it’s possible. Straight forward enough and in my case vrt cost was well within what I had expected. The right kind of paperwork helps, despite the whole open market value portrayal.
Best of luck if you go ahead and buy foreign

Liked by: panda

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Matilda mark 2.

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #42
"Not sure if that’s doable with a MH from the continent."
It does work for EU plates, or if you do a VIN search on line.
The trouble with looking for it on the Engine it's self, is you need a octopus with a headlamp and camera.😁

Liked by: panda

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #43
Three things which used to be habitually wrong and to check when the Irish Certificate of Registration is issued.
F.1 should be the GVW listed on the CoC or original Cert of Registration, not some random figures inputted by a lazy clerk.
J should be M1 (passenger Vehicle with not more than eight seats plus drivers seat) not N1 (Goods Vehicle) inputted by the same clerk
S.1 should be the actual number of travel seats as listed on the CoC or original Reg Cert and not a random number inputted as above

Liked by: kabundi

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #44
Quote by sprinter

The trouble with looking for it on the Engine it's self, is you need a octopus with a headlamp and camera.😁

The engine number should be at P.5 on the original Certificate of Registration.
The description codes are common throughout the EU

Liked by: sprinter

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Matilda mark 2.

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #45
Quote by baguette

Quote by sprinter

The engine number should be at P.5 on the original Certificate of Registration.
The description codes are common throughout the EU

Quite right, but we are dealing with people who are highly trained in obfuscation , who when looking at a van with a French number plate can't decide which side the steering wheel is on. and dont know how to,or can't be bothered to find out where a vin number is , yet will expect a 75 year old Granny to know where all this is and show them, Even if it means that she has to get down on her knees to point it out.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #46
How about when you arrive at cvrt centre in a blatantly obvious Motorhome and you are asked where does it state that it’s a Motorhome. Duh. Look out the window... what do you see. 🤯

Liked by: sprinter

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #47
Why can the powers that be not set out a set of conditions that have to be met in order to import a vehicle.
As someone who reads this subject regularly it seems that people are continually confused about what is required,or is that the way they want to keep it?

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #48
Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #49
Quote by baguette

Three things which used to be habitually wrong and to check when the Irish Certificate of Registration is issued.
F.1 should be the GVW listed on the CoC or original Cert of Registration, not some random figures inputted by a lazy clerk.
J should be M1 (passenger Vehicle with not more than eight seats plus drivers seat) not N1 (Goods Vehicle) inputted by the same clerk
S.1 should be the actual number of travel seats as listed on the CoC or original Reg Cert and not a random number inputted as above

That is to be confirmed. However it was well presented to me that there were 2 seats and that the class would be M1 category B. Weight has been confirmed by cvrt documentation already

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #50
Quote by Daffysparks

In a word.... Yes.

highly trained in ( obfuscation ) this is another word that applies.

Liked by: +deleted user

seamus
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.04.2021  ·  #51
Thanks sprinter for your reply your idea of shopping local not to far from the ferry port seems like a good idea. Also the sites that you mentioned look very lnteresting. I just read daffys post which looks fairly straight forward apart from having to weigh the vehicle which he wasn't aware of. I recently cleared a car for my daughter from the North which I found quite straight forward mainly because you could get your vrt quote online. Unfortunately with motorhomes it seems that you are open season for revenue.
Seamus.

Liked by: CHAUSSON

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.