Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

Re: Coronavirus

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #81
Quote by norma

I think that is why Johnson has told people not to go to pubs etc but has said they can stay open!
They can't claim insurance then....

His approach to the whole thing is despicable to say the least. Even advising not to travel globally rather than banning all travel

Liked by: norma

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.03.2020  ·  #82
Something to make you smile😄.....
Leo, Boris, Trump, Pope Francis & Mary a ten year old Irish girl were on a flight with just 4 parachutes . As the plane went down they were short one parachute, they agreed Leo should go first when he said ‘I need to sort out the corona virus in Ireland,I need one ‘ & off he went, Boris was next and said ‘Im the smartest man in England, I simply cannot die, I have to survive’, and out he jumped with a parachute, next was Trump and he said ‘I’m need to keep America great and sort out this corona virus’ and out he jumped.. one parachute left, Pope Francis said , little Mary you take it, I have lived a good life, you are young with your whole life ahead of you... take it. Mary replied.. it’s ok Francis, there’s two parachutes left, the smartest man in England took my school bag..... 😂😂😂I

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.03.2020  ·  #83
ANCHOR POINT MOTORHOMES CURRENT BUSINESS OPERATIONS IN LIGHT OF COVID 19: In the interest of employee & public safety, we are operating at reduced capacity & hence closed for service work. Viewing of motorhomes is strictly by appointment only. Please call to arrange 061379903 . Thanks & STAY SAFE

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #84
heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #85
Only in the US

forum/post.php?mode=reply&f=2&t=21352

Sorry but it made me smile

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #86
<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #87
Quote by eirebus

I've just heard that we may have to start hunting to survive and I've no idea where Lasagne's live 🤪😁

Very hard to get wild lasagna these days, it's all farmed. Even when fishermen do catch it in their nets, EU quotas are so low that they can't land it and are forced to throw it back into the sea, dead! This is what Brexit was really about.

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #88
I've just heard that we may have to start hunting to survive and I've no idea where Lasagne's live 🤪

Motorhomecraic club (MHCC) 

Iceland apparently

Liked by: CHAUSSON, eirebus

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #89
Quote by eirebus

I've just heard that we may have to start hunting to survive and I've no idea where Lasagne's live 🤪😁

People are so far removed from where their food comes from these days. Ah hello, Lasagnes come from pizza ovens!

In other news, Los Angeles to open RV park for homeless isolating due to coronavirus.

Link

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Coronavirus

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #90
Quote by eirebus

What are you like, :-/ every knows Lasagna,e is made from pasta and since pasta comes from Italy, there will be a shortage this year, because there will be no one to harvest it, so it will be left to rot on the trees.

Liked by: eirebus, The Rambler

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #91
What are you like, :-/ every knows Lasagna,e is made from pasta and since pasta comes from Italy, there will be a shortage this year, because there will be no one to harvest it, so it will be left to rot on the trees.
[/quote]

I just hope and pray that many of us will be left and see this through.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Autotrail
Base Vehicle: Comanche
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #92
Quote by jacktherev

[/quote]

Jack this site has become as quiet as our roads at the minute,let us all hope for future success.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #93
Quote by ntg

Quote by jacktherev

Jack this site has become as quiet as our roads at the minute,let us all hope for future success.
[/quote]

We are certainly living in difficult times and my heart goes out to those in the front line in the hospitals. We as Chaplains are no longer on the wards but trying now to help the staff and I wouldn’t know where to begin. The best thing we can all, and I mean all, is say a few wee prayers for them. One nurse on the front line said to me today, “ Jack this virus doesn’t differentiate between Catholic, Protestant, Athesist or nothing but I’ve come to you because I respect you and you’ve never made any difference to any of us.” Folks, we need to be here for each other and I mean that. Sorry, sermon or whatever you want to call it is over.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.03.2020  ·  #94
jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #95
Quote by ntg

Jack nobody could have put that any better than you did,what a We country we would have it this changes people's outlook.
Colour is not that important just now.

I just hope and pray that this virus brings us all to our senses and makes us realise whatever background we come from we need each other if we are going to survive. There’s space for all of us in this lovely island which I might add I love and respect everyone irrespective of who we are or where we have come from. My Grandparents and parents taught me that in Donegal where I grew up. My prayer and longing is that we come out of this alive with a new acceptance and respect for everyone irrespective of who they are or not? You and me as ordinary people can change this land at this time.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #96
Jack we have two squads of workers presently working for us from Donegal and we have had some discussions recently.
We are not different people,we just live in different places.
Let us all have a good life after this is over and remember life is for living.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #97
Quote by ntg

Jack we have two squads of workers presently working for us from Donegal and we have had some discussions recently.

That’s always been my attitude in life. Growing up in Donegal I was a Methodist and I was as often in the Catholic Church as my own. Where ever there was sandwich’s and buns I was there and the same with my Catholic friends. We didn’t look on each other as different we all just needed extra food. I long for those days again.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #98
Quote by jacktherev

Quote by ntg

That’s always been my attitude in life. Growing up in Donegal I was a Methodist and I was as often in the Catholic Church as my own. Where ever there was sandwich’s and buns I was there and the same with my Catholic friends. We didn’t look on each other as different we all just needed extra food. I long for those days again.

Here here Jack 👍

Liked by: norma

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.03.2020  ·  #99
Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #100
norma
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: VW T5
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #101
Quote by jacktherev

Quote by ntg

Quote by jacktherev

We are certainly living in difficult times and my heart goes out to those in the front line in the hospitals. We as Chaplains are no longer on the wards but trying now to help the staff and I wouldn’t know where to begin. The best thing we can all, and I mean all, is say a few wee prayers for them. One nurse on the front line said to me today, “ Jack this virus doesn’t differentiate between Catholic, Protestant, Athesist or nothing but I’ve come to you because I respect you and you’ve never made any difference to any of us.” Folks, we need to be here for each other and I mean that. Sorry, sermon or whatever you want to call it is over.

Good Lord.....I never realised you were a real life rev. 😌

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #102
Quote by norma

The hint is in the name,,, Jack the Rev 😁😁

Liked by: norma, panda, sprinter

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Coronavirus

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #103
Quote by eirebus

Quote by norma

The hint is in the name,,, Jack the Rev 😁😁

Dose that mean that you bring people around Ireland in your bus.

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #104
Quote by norma

Quote by jacktherev

Quote by ntg

Quote by jacktherev

I hope that makes no difference even though I happen to be a Rev I’m human and far from perfect and we all need each other.

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #105
How things are changing so quickly,it seems now that going away in your motorhome is not being advised.
Rural communities do not want visitors and who can blame them,it is probably the unknown that is frightening.
This is an event that will be remembered for a very long time.

Liked by: glastry, +deleted user

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #106
Quote by ntg

How things are changing so quickly,it seems now that going away in your motorhome is not being advised.
Rural communities do not want visitors and who can blame them,it is probably the unknown that is frightening.
This is an event that will be remembered for a very long time.

Even owners of static vans in Donegal who are from Northern Ireland are being lambasted for going to there vans to self isolate. Crazy the way things are going.

Liked by: ntg

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Coronavirus

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #107
I have just spoken to our friend who is 20k inland from Valiantia in a rural community, she is in an other friends house (Irish ) because of building work on their own home which is nearly finished this is her situation.
Building work is finished appliances are not in because they can't go to buy them,big clean up on, in order to move back home.
Her youngest son will have to stay put untill the 12 April when current lock is down us due to end.
because he cannot drive and you are only allowed one Pearson in a car, under the lockdown in Spain.

This is what us in front of us and sooner then later.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #108
It seems to me that there may be a bit of jealousy going on. People are “trapped” for the want of a better word, at home, and then they see us swanning around, looking like we are living the life, which very well may be the case, though still self isolating, and they get the hump. Human nature. If I’m staying to myself, I don’t see the problem. Having said that, I haven’t been out in the MH this weekend 🤔

ntg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #109
Quote by Daffysparks

It seems to me that there may be a bit of jealousy going on. People are “trapped” for the want of a better word, at home, and then they see us swanning around, looking like we are living the life, which very well may be the case, though still self isolating, and they get the hump. Human nature. If I’m staying to myself, I don’t see the problem. Having said that, I haven’t been out in the MH this weekend 🤔

That is exactly how I see it,what is the difference in us sitting in our house of our motorhome away from anyone else.

Liked by: GMAC, +deleted user

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #110
We drove down and parked up for the night at Lough Gur in Limerick, on Saturday. This morning we cooked breakfast and strolled around the grounds with other day trippers, who had parked their cars to get out for fresh air. It was all civilized and people practiced social distancing. We wouldn’t choose to go anywhere busier, as I see on the news this evening that some places were, Glendalough for example.

So yes I can see how there will be certain spots that are too busy and will get shut down, particularly in the east and in and around Dublin/ Wicklow. But unless there is an imposed curfew, being out in the van is no worse than all those day tripping in their cars.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #111
Love lough gur. Something prehistoric about that area. Nice. 👍

Liked by: The Rambler

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #112
We took a spin down to Charles Fort near Kinsale today. There were three other MH's there.
We practised social distancing and kept to ourselves. As I see it we had no impact on the local environment, we could just as well not been there at all for all the difference our presence made.
There were dozens of cars coming and going with hundreds of people and with a very few exceptions (mainly youngsters) all were complying with the social distancing guidelines.
So what's the difference between using the car or the MH as a means of transport for such outings.

Liked by: Comet, GMAC, ntg, sprinter, The Rambler, +deleted user

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #113
Quote by baguette

We took a spin down to Charles Fort near Kinsale today. There were three other MH's there.
We practised social distancing and kept to ourselves. As I see it we had no impact on the local environment, we could just as well not been there at all for all the difference our presence made.
There were dozens of cars coming and going with hundreds of people and with a very few exceptions (mainly youngsters) all were complying with the social distancing guidelines.
So what's the difference between using the car or the MH as a means of transport for such outings.

Being honest, none but to give another answer; perception. People at the minute don’t want “outsiders” visiting or being in their community. Some will see a MH and wonder where it’s come from and why is it here? Less likely to think the same about a car. We probably know different on this forum but people are scared and protective right now. I’m not saying the community is right, just trying to honestly answer your question.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2020  ·  #114
Agree with Jamie, and there is also the media looking for a good news story. There has been a lot of great work by people on this forum and in the wider Motorhome community to promote this type of tourism and great strides in opening new places to stay across Ireland. Unfortunately in the weeks ahead, when lots of loved ones are dying and many more are seriously ill, having a nice trip away in a Motorhome, Caravan, holiday home or hotel will be looked on with disdain. Rightly or wrongly. Personally, we have decided that our van will remain off the road for the foreseeable future. As they say, stay home and stay safe. Please be careful everyone.

Liked by: sprinter, Stoney

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.03.2020  ·  #115
We were of the opinion that the van was self isolating too which it probably is, but have decided not to use it until the end of the current situation, French trip in may/ June cancelled also as we don't think things will have settled down by then either , very annoying but has to be done for the greater good

Liked by: sprinter

Erazmus
Craic Addict
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.03.2020  ·  #116
Have to agree with Jamie.
It is how people will perceive Motorhomes if they are still being used in these difficult times.
We haven't a great reputation at the best of times.

Look at Italy, France, Spain & FFS STAY AT HOME.

Liked by: glastry, GMAC, Stoney

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.03.2020  ·  #117
Quote by Erazmus

Have to agree with Jamie.
It is how people will perceive Motorhomes if they are still being used in these difficult times.
We haven't a great reputation at the best of times.

Look at Italy, France, Spain & FFS STAY AT HOME.

Totally agree. We don't need anymore bad press. This is an article in a Donegal paper.

https://www.donegallive.ie/new…negal.html

Liked by: jacktherev, Stoney

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.03.2020  ·  #118
I think the issue here is people living in the areas we like to visit are worried that we might carry the virus into their area. I can fully understand their feelings as I would be the same if a number of motorhomes arrived and parked near our house. We need to be wise in all of this and as we had planned to go away last Thursday for the week end we just went out and lived in the Motorhome at the house. That way we offended no one or made anyone anxious. This is serious stuff.

Liked by: GMAC

panda
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Concerto 255
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 9 spd Auto
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.03.2020  ·  #119
Quote by jacktherev

we just went out and loved in the Motorhome at the house

Fair play to ya Jack.....This virus wont stop your lovin :D :up:

Liked by: eirebus

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.03.2020  ·  #120
Quote by panda

Quote by jacktherev

we just went out and loved in the Motorhome at the house

Fair play to ya Jack.....This virus wont stop your lovin :D :up:

Ally never sorted out this auld programme that puts in the wrong words. 😂 😝

Liked by: panda, sprinter

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.