Brittany Ferries Cork

Daffysparks

Subject:

Re: Brittany Ferries Cork

· 
Posted: 28.05.2019  ·  #41
I see your point, but is that not what is happening. Here’s your refund.... bye bye

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2019  ·  #42
Quote by Daffysparks

I see your point, but is that not what is happening. Here’s your refund.... bye bye

Yes, that is what the are doing, but they are obliged under EU Regulations to also offer alternative rerouting which is satisfactory to the customer.

roadwretch
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2019  ·  #43
They have no interest in offering re routing.There is no communication from them.They are impossible to get a hold of.I would hate to be stranded on a return leg without a house on your back as we would have.I have claimed the refund and so far no reply or correspondence. Ryan air are angels compared to this lot. I would have loved to have an alternative than have to re book and pay for another ferry trip,but it was a completely cancelled holiday then.Its something we have been planning for months. These people could not even be bothered to supply the resources to contact me to make alternative arrangements for travel.I had to do it myself. When I get time I will get onto the regulators and see what can be done about it. I am still left with the risk that they will cancel my next booking for June 5th.I have e mailed inquiring of this possibility but get no response. There is not a telephone number in operation.They have shut that and their Cork office down for the moment.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2019  ·  #44
We had the same problem when LD lines pulled the plug on our return trip from St Nazaire a few years back. They offered us alternative return with stena out of Cherbourg or a refund, we took the stena option even thought we had at longer drive north, I can’t remember if we were compensated for the extra diesel, Anyway we were treated better than you guys are.

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2019  ·  #45
Last year when they cancelled the inaugural sailing to Santander they offered me a refund, option to re-book or do land-bridge and sail from Portsmouth or Plymouth. They paid the cost of the ferry from Rosslare to Fishguard. If this route suits you could demand they route you that way. As they appear to be hiding behind closed doors is it time to put some pressure on the Dep of Transport here?

roadwretch
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2019  ·  #46
I would have explored land bridge routes myself with them but they are uncontactable.They are also cancelling some ferries from UK

AdiH
AdiH
My Motorhome: Challenger
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2019  ·  #47
This is unbelievably frustrating for you! At this late stage and coming into the busy season alternative ferry companies are likely to be booked out. Either way people have booked a direct ferry from Cork to Spain so even offering refunds or alternatives via France or the UK without some sort of compensation is highly unsatisfactory to say the least.

We're not due to sail with them until July but in the event ours is cancelled with 3 kids and being committed to those dates, so a refund is of no use, we'll probably have no option but to stay in Ireland instead, despite 11 months of planning a 2.5 week trip around Northern Spain 😡

ROBANDSUE
Nidge
My Motorhome: Hymer 572
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT 2009
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2019  ·  #48
I hope come September things run smoother from IF.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2019  ·  #49
I phoned the head office in France, they said the office in Portsmouth would be my best bet. I phoned them and was immediately offered a spot on the Connemara out of Ringaskiddy at 08.30 Sunday arriving Roscoff 22.00 Sunday.

FYI, BF are IF partners for landbridge so it should be no problem for BF to organise a reroute via the UK out of Dublin or Rosslare.

roadwretch
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2019  ·  #50
I was contacted by Cork office today offering me Cork Roscoff on the Connemara.I have already rebooked and paid for Cork to Santander Jun5th myself yesterday before the phonecall and asked for a refund on the cancelled original booking.I had been informed yesterday to ask for a refund and make my own arrangements,as options at the busy time of the year were limited.
I was forced into this due to them being uncontactable for me, by phone or e mail since last Thursday(6 days).
I said that was no good for me and voiced my dissatisfaction on their service.I told the girl after she apologized for the service due to the fact that they were a small crew,that it wasn't good enough and they should have a contingency plan in place to deal with such an emergency. She promptly told me she was going to hang up on her irate customer and did so.
A little later her office colleague phoned and offered me Cork to Santander on Jun 5th,the date I had already booked. I told her I had booked this myself already and asked if this date was in danger of being the next one for the chop.She then informed me that she had cancelled my booking I made yesterday,but was holding the booking open for me.I then asked who gave her permission to cancel my booking .She said that she was trying to save me paying twice for the journey. After another bit of to and froing she told me that before she was going to hang up and I am going to e mail on this new booking confirmation. I asked once again who gave her permission to cancel my 2nd booking.She hung up.
In came my new booking on the phone. This is all very upsetting and seems to me to be bully tactics.I am now not a refunded customer.I will appear to be one that they have made alternative arrangements for,even though I made them for myself.After the dust has settled on this circus,they probably received orders to give refunds as the last resort. They are a disgrace of a company. They should have opened up call lines to deal with this mess up that seems to be getting nofee by the day.The lastest is the Port Aven is out till Jun14. They have yet the update correct details on their website(latest sailing information section) concerning future cancelled Cork to Santander ferry,which are not going to sail next Friday week either.
My return on Jun 16 if there is a future extension on the repairs could be in doubt.
That would be the final nail in the coffin for me as I know what the correspondence and communication level will be from them.What a tortureist end to a already shortened holiday that would be.I seriously though today about cancelling the whole holiday after the way I was treated but it has been in the planning for so long,it wouldnt feel the same in Costa del Kerry.
Their is no goodwill to any customer,no compensation offered by this company.My options are limited otherwise I would keep my distance.I would not feel this way if they were immediately contactable to discuss options.I was like a mushroom left in the dark here for 6 days having to trawl social media for my own information and direction in this matter.All from a company with 444 million turnover a year that do not have a contingency plan in plan for emergency situations.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2019  ·  #51
If everyone voted with their feet, proverbially, they would change their tune. Won’t happen though. There are very limited options open to us in this country, and the government are way too slow to come down on this type of behavior. Sadly I feel sure there will be more stories like this from BF and IF. In fairness I haven’t heard so much about Stena, except they are expensive. Maybe that’s what it costs to run a consistent service ??

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2019  ·  #52
baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.05.2019  ·  #53
Hi Roadwrench. The management of the BF office in Cork is pure BS. Whoever is in charge need to get his/her P45 asap. What school of customer service did the idea of pulling down the blinds and rejecting incoming phone calls in a crisis emanate from? In all my years of being involved in logistics and customer service, I've never heard of such a dysfunctional response to a crisis.

In contrast, the BF people in France and Portsmouth are first class, see my earlier post.

roadwretch
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.05.2019  ·  #54
Hi Baguette
I had also rang Portsmouth and France.Neither believed me that the Cork office had closed their doors.At the time they said that only Cork could deal with my queries.
Good luck on your journey.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.05.2019  ·  #55
Email the MD in France and let rip at him

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.05.2019  ·  #56
If anyone wants a name in the BF Cork office to quote why not give Hugh Bruton a mention, he's the head man down there, I would normally say manager but he sure ain't managing with any degree of competence.

One thing I just can't understand is why re-routing via landbridge is not part of their offer to affected clients. IF & Stena are surely not running at capacity on the Irish Sea and there is plenty of choices to cross The Channel.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Brittany Ferries Cork

· 
Posted: 29.05.2019  ·  #57
Quote by baguette

If anyone wants a name in the BF Cork office to quote why not give Hugh Bruton a mention, he's the head man down there, I would normally say manager but he sure ain't managing with any degree of competence.

One thing I just can't understand is why re-routing via landbridge is not part of their offer to affected clients. IF & Stena are surely not running at capacity on the Irish Sea and there is plenty of choices to cross The Channel.

Colin.
I think you will find the reason for this is, The Pont Avan is the ship normally used on the Plymouth Santander ferry route ie, the landbridge from Ireland.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.05.2019  ·  #58
Colin.
I think you will find the reason for this is, The Pont Avan is the ship normally used on the Plymouth Santander ferry route ie, the landbridge from Ireland.
[/quote]

BF go into five different ports in France and have combined choice between 7 or 8 sailings per day on different ships. The Pont Avan is only on England - Spain and Ireland - France.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Brittany Ferries Cork

· 
Posted: 29.05.2019  ·  #59
Of course you at correct, their tunnel vision is only showing a problem with Ireland France and Spain.
They could also have asked IF for a dig out as they did when the WB didn't sail if they wanted or cared for their customers they would hire in to cover the out if commission ship.
Once again the Customer is King.
F**K them over a Barrel.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.05.2019  ·  #60
if they wanted or cared for their customers

The answer to that is they don't and the Irish dept of transport are no better they should be kicking ass but as usual they're asleep

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.05.2019  ·  #61
Quote by eirebus

if they wanted or cared for their customers

The answer to that is they don't and the Irish dept of transport are no better they should be kicking ass but as usual they're asleep

I think that you would find that Brittany Ferries are more aligned to French officials than to Irish ones.
BF have sacrificed its Spanish sailings from a Irish prospective, in order to keep its French routes open from Cork.
From Ireland, freight is king. It runs every day to Europe for ferries.
Tourism is seasonal.
Irish Ferries lost a couple of its freight contracts last year due to their mistakes, now its Brittany turn to secure it's freight customers.
Unfortunately due to splintered nature of mh clubs, FB groups etc. our voice, as community, will fall on deaf ears.
Just to reinforce my opinion, if 12 lorry loads of weanings or calves were stuck on the dock Cork, the various farming organisations would have a few bus loads of protesters camped out with a burning barrel outside of Cork port.
As other posts have highlighted, there are EU laws to protect, you the customer.
Reference these obligations to Brittany Ferries customer service team, when they contact you.

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.05.2019  ·  #62
Just a little bit of info on Brittany Ferries, They came into the ferry business because of the then British Rail ferry leaving the fresh produce sitting on the docks because of over booking, so when it got to the U.K. it was wasted. The farmers of Brittany got together and with the help of the French goverment, chartered a ferry so Brittany Ferries was born. This is why as Thorn states everything is in french hands and even to this day Freight is more important than summer tourists.

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.05.2019  ·  #63
They have also cancelled the Plymouth

roadwretch
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.05.2019  ·  #64
They have today taken full payment for my new booking.No sign of my refund for the cancelled journey yet despite getting a cancellation invoice a couple of days ago.They are uncontactable so there is nothing I can do about it only wait.I have e mailed them about it once more. Nothing I have e mailed them about has had a response, bar my refund request which generated an automated reply.
It really beggars beliefs.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.06.2019  ·  #65
Quote by roadwretch

They have today taken full payment for my new booking.No sign of my refund for the cancelled journey yet despite getting a cancellation invoice a couple of days ago.They are uncontactable so there is nothing I can do about it only wait.I have e mailed them about it once more. Nothing I have e mailed them about has had a response, bar my refund request which generated an automated reply.
It really beggars beliefs.

The Cork office is a pure waste of space, forget them and try The Portsmouth Office They sorted me out in about three minutes, after about seven minutes on hold.

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.06.2019  ·  #66
We had no problem

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.06.2019  ·  #67
eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.06.2019  ·  #68
Didn't think their could be worse customer service after last year's IF debacle but BF have brought it to a new low, it's a wonder they didn't ask for contributions towards the repair of the ship

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.06.2019  ·  #69
UNBELIEVABLE.
Just boarded the Connemara and it's ONLY ABOUT 20% FULL, at most. It's like a winter sailing.
Where are all the people who were told to take a refund and cancel their booking on yesterday's cancelled Pont Aven sailing.
I expect this sailing to be jammed to the rafters.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.06.2019  ·  #70
That sounds like what happenes with IF when they had the cancelations aswell Colin,

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 02.06.2019  ·  #71
Quote by baguette
UNBELIEVABLE. Just boarded the Connemara and it's ONLY ABOUT 20% FULL, at most.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.06.2019  ·  #72

Believe it or not these are photos of two of the car decks of the Connemara on the Sunday morning sailing.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Brittany Ferries Cork

· 
Posted: 03.06.2019  ·  #73
Quote by baguette

Believe it or not these are photos of two of the car decks of the Connemara on the Sunday morning sailing.

Holy sh*t >_<

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.06.2019  ·  #74
This needs to go to mainstream media........ not good enough.

roadwretch
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.06.2019  ·  #75
Enjoy your holiday Baguette. That is my cancelled ferry from Friday night. I think they are using it to cover an English route as well. Obviously alot did not want the no frills experience on the Connemara. I'm booked on the Wednesday Cork to Santander. Hopefully there will be no hiccups. I had to phone England's customer service to sort out my original refund and to answer any questions I had. Cork office still remain
uncontactable. Alot of my original campsites are booked out for my new dates but I will have to make the best of things now. All I need now is a bit of weather.I think I will have to head to Portugal for it.
Cannot wait.Fully packed and ready for the off.

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.06.2019  ·  #76
If the ferry was that empty why did they put cars up on the open deck?? :-/

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.06.2019  ·  #77
Quote by Flipperdipper

If the ferry was that empty why did they put cars up on the open deck?? :-/

For easy access to cabins and lounge area for people with restricted mobility. Also for people with dogs it's close to the kennels and dog exercise area.

witzend
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.06.2019  ·  #78
Quote by roadwretch
. Obviously alot did not want the no frills experience on the Connemara. I'm booked on the Wednesday Cork to Santander.

roadwretch
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.06.2019  ·  #79
The Connemara is the only one that sails Cork to Santander Wednesdays 11.00am and Fridays 10.30pm.

roadwretch
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.06.2019  ·  #80
It covers some English routes in between as well I think, not sure which ones

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.