Replacement Engine Help

Ducato Engine

Nikko612
Subject:

Fiat or Iveco engine?

· 
Posted: 11.11.2020  ·  #41
Quote by just_manu

Hi All, just a good news update... replacement engine fitted, road tested and we (wife and two kids) are enjoying wine and cheese (Coke for the kids!) sitting outside our camper in Benodet in Brittany on a 2 week break!!!

SO HAPPY to have the camper back up and running after a such a disastrous summer with no camper.

Thank you all for your great advice and actually helping me find the required 'Hens tooth' engine... for a while we thought we may not be able to get one, but we bought the one in Newry that one of the craic'rs found in the end up and it is running great.
You are all wonderful people and a credit to this wonderful lifestyle !! Thank you.
Cheers! 🍷

Justin.

Hi. I know that this is an old thread, but did you manage to get the Fiat engine, or did you risk the Iveco equivalent?
I've got head issues with my 8140.43S - cant find a replacement and wondering what my options are.

Thanks in advance for any help.

just_manu
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Challenger
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Re: Replacement Engine Help

· 
Posted: 11.11.2020  ·  #42
Hi Nikko, sorry to hear you are having a problem.
We did go with the engine from the Iveco. It was the same engine 8140.43N and has worked out great.
We were able to find a few 8140.43S engines at the time.
Hopefully you will find what you need.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.