Mattmobile3
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Fiat Tribute T669 2015
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Fiat Tribute T669 Battery/Lights/Water/Waste control panel

· 
Posted: 18.02.2018  ·  #1
Our otherwise perfect night at Drum Manor was slightly marred by our control panel playing silly buggers. when pressing the Water On button, on several occasions the button above (outside light) light up and turned the outside light on instead. The Waste Tank alarm started to spontaneously beep to let us know it was 100% full when we were absolutely sure it was not even a third full. We assumed the waste water sensor had maybe frozen (the skylight had frost on it), so hubby had a look as best he could. He couldn't see anything frozen and he drained the waste water tank. Again, it bleeped spontaneously at 100% full, even though completely empty. The Water On switch also did a 'double press' when it was depressed just once, like a very quick on/off but just with one press. We wondered whether it was the low temperature - the gas ran out during the night so it was a bit baltic inside (although we were snug under the duvet and the Kerry wool blanket!). By the time we got home, it seemed to be working normally again.
I need to dig out the owner's manual from wherever hubby has hidden it, but neither of us remember any control panel manual. There is no manufacturer's name on the panel and even I, the queen of Googling, can't find our model on t'interweb, although I did come across a few posts which suggested that these panels can have a bit of a meltdown now and again and need a quick reset, the only problem being that we don't know how to do this on ours.
Just wondering if anybody has had similar experiences before we bring the van back to the dealer (still under it's warranty, thankfully).
Many thanks in advance.

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

Re: Fiat Tribute T669 Battery/Lights/Water/Waste control panel

· 
Posted: 18.02.2018  ·  #2
Must be the weather, sitting in Broughshane and my panel has also decided that the waste tank is 100%. It isn't. You could try disconnecting the negative terminal on the leisure battery if it's handy. Think mine is more to do with dirt or corrosion.

Mattmobile3
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2018  ·  #3
Thanks, Mark and Wendy! We've made it home but we'll play around with it in the next day or two to see how it's behaving and, if needs be, we'll give your leisure battery tip a go. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and thanks again!

Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2018  ·  #4
Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2018  ·  #5
Sometimes when electric panels or circuit boards go on the blind and turning them off doesn't work, disconnect the leads on the leisure battery for a few minutes. Sometimes when the power is totally removed and then reconnected the electronics reboot themselves into working order.
Sometimes the cold mades the electronics go wonky.
Malcolm

Mattmobile3
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2018  ·  #6
Hi Mark, I managed to find this this morning, but it unfortunately doesn't relate to our model (we're not a coach-built motorhome as such, more like a campervan-sized motorhome, panel van type thing) and the control panel and Truma heating controls are completely different. Thanks for looking things up for us, though, and posting the link. 🙂🙂

Malcolm, thanks for your help, too. I think it sounds worth doing what's been suggested. Will give it a go and will let folk know if it's a fix.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2018  ·  #7
Just another thing to check. The earth strap on the leisure battery, check firstly the battery pole and then the connection to the chassis or the floorpan. If this spot is rusty, the 12 volt power supply will be affected. Chassis earth connections are prone to fail at this time of the year due to salted roads causing corrosion.
Happy hunting,
Malcolm

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Fiat Tribute T669 Battery/Lights/Water/Waste control panel

· 
Posted: 18.02.2018  ·  #8
Malcolm. You beat me to it .
Since Fiats came into the country , wonky light's , first check all the earth connections ,battery ,chassis , whatever system is giving trouble.
Wet, damp, cold weather , frost are all the things you need to to create bad earth connections.

Mattmobile3
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2018  ·  #9
An education being had here! Where would we (I mean hubby) find the relevant earth connections? I know a bit about where mechanical/engine bits are on a vehicle, but not so good on electrics! I wonder is it best to drop into the dealer as it's still under warranty.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2018  ·  #10
On a battery there are 2 wires connected to 2 poles . The positive (live) is marked with a "+" and the negative (earth) is marked "-". The negative pole is also smaller than the positive pole, it stops people from connecting batteries backwards and blowing up everything.
So find the "-" pole on the battery and follow the cable until you find the other end. If the end looks dirty/ rusty, open the retaining bolt and clean it with sandpaper or a wire brush. Then reassemble it. Your can seal the joint with grease or an oil based paint like a non water based gloss.

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2018  ·  #11
If it's still under warranty then drop it back to the dealer. You might end up doing that anyway, and if he discovers that someone else has been having a go at repairs he could walk away from the warranty.

Mattmobile3
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2018  ·  #12
Hubby will just have a look at the battery and earthing without doing anything, I think. Then off to the dealer. Thank you all so much for taking the time to pass on your help and advice. It's very much appreciated.

heanorboy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Wildax Europa
Base Vehicle: 2015 Renault Master
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2018  ·  #13
Hi

I still belong to the Tribby Forum and quite a few members have your van

If you copy and paste your first note and request for info on the control panel someone might be able to assist
https://www.tribby.co.uk/forum/index.php

David

Mattmobile3
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.02.2018  ·  #14
Thank you for this, David! Fingers crossed we get to the bottom of this without too much hassle!

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.02.2018  ·  #15
Mattmobile3
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.02.2018  ·  #16
Thanks again everyone who replied - seems to have been a loose connection of the earth cable to the leisure battery terminal! The control panel seems to be hehaving itself. Any more misbehaving and we'll take her back to the dealer.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.02.2018  ·  #17
Thanks for the update. It means alot .
Malcolm

Mattmobile3
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.02.2018  ·  #18
Motorhoming wouldn't be quite as enjoyable and fulfilling without the support of the support of the lovely Motorhome Craic community.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.