Electric step

Daffysparks

Subject:

Electric step

· 
Posted: 28.10.2017  ·  #1
Does anyone know anywhere I can get a controller for a project 2000 double step modelnumber 10570. It’s acting up and I can’t see anything wrong with motor or shear pins etc. only works sometimes, sometimes nothing unless you tap controller then goes down ok but only half way up

Eamonn
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: Webmail.ie
My Motorhome: Autotrail Cheyenne
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

Re: Electric step

· 
Posted: 28.10.2017  ·  #2
Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.10.2017  ·  #3
Unfortunately not. It’s the electronic controller that all that plugs into.
But thanks for looking

nilrac
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.10.2017  ·  #4
Dave, have a look under the step and there is a switch with a rocker on it that switches the power off when the step is retracted. This fill up with crap as you drive along. I flattened an old can and made a deflector to fit in front, I have had no trouble now for years. This is worth a look before you move on to other bits

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.10.2017  ·  #5
Thanks for that. I’ll have a look tomorrow. I didn’t see that earlier only what looked like a limit switch under the cover for motor and gear unit

us2
Craic'er
My Motorhome: , Laika ecovip
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.10.2017  ·  #6
I have the same step and had similar problems. I lubricated the twin button switches ,located in the housing on the left hand side. Two buttons side by side. Oil them up each day for a couple of days. Make sure the step is hitting them when it's coming in. This worked for me . I've had no problems since. P.s. Make sure you batteries are fully up as well. Hope this helps, good luck.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.10.2017  ·  #7
Thanks for that. Is your motor on left or right of steps as you look from front. Mine is on the right. I only saw what appeared to be one limit switch in the housing closest to step. Am going to have a good look tomorrow

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2017  ·  #8
Ok, so I took another look at these steps this morning. No button switches, no two switches anywhere. Only thing is a little mot switch that kills power to motor when steps fully out. Used contact cleaner on everything I could see. Having operated the steps multiple times, what’s happening is this. Steps going down as normal. On closing all normal until bottom step is in then when pressure comes on it’s clicking unless you give it a gentle lift up as it goes inwards. When it is nearly closed you can let go and it will finish the close itself. I’m now thinking either a cog partially stripped in gears, or motor has gotten weak. Batteries are showing 14.2 volts on solars so pretty sure it’s not a battery issue. Any thoughts😒

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2017  ·  #9
That should be limit switch. Bloody auto correct

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Electric step

· 
Posted: 30.10.2017  ·  #10
That also sounds like some part of the hinge/folding joints could be catching or bent , can you disconnect the motor from the step and make sure it is moving freely in and out by hand .

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2017  ·  #11
Yes I did that. It is moving freely
To be honest I would consider buying the complete step kit if i could find out the price. I have sent a few emails so hopefully will hear something soon

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2017  ·  #12
Sounds like a tooth missing off the motor cog wheel,
See if its possible to take motor off and turn the wheel a bit to let the missing tooth be some where else on the revolution and that may get you out of trouble

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2017  ·  #13
Well Mad max if I had read that first before I went back at it, it would have saved me a lot of time. In my own roundabout plodding way, that is the conclusion I came to as well. I disengaged the motor, turned the gear a little, Re-engaged the motor and hey presto. Working like a dream. You are spot on. It was in a garage getting heater plug replaced, and I thought someone had been rooting around in it. I guess they must have stood on the step before it was fully opened and damaged the gear. I may put up a big sign as herself has nearly done it a few times as well. It is a weakness in them imo.
Anyway, well spotted and thanks to you and everyone who gave advice.
This is a great forum, and I for one would like to thank Ally for all his work.
Maybe a way to donate a few bob if you are helped out might be an idea to keep it up and running
Thanks everyone 👍

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2017  ·  #14
One of the lads had the same trouble a while back and it worked for him aswell,

Glad you got sorted :up:

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.11.2017  ·  #15
Well now I’m rightly shagged. Everything worked lovely for a while, thanks to some good advice on here. However it stopped completely. I stripped it down today got the whole motor and operating assembly on the bench, opened it up....,
And the reduction gear is in bits
Completely f#*ed. Where in the name of sweet Mary will I get one of those. I don’t think I could even get one built it’s in such shite state.
Anyone got any ideas. I have emailed Project 2000 so maybe the part is still available. Time will tell😩😩

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Electric step

· 
Posted: 25.11.2017  ·  #16
David. Have you tried East Coast Campers .

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.11.2017  ·  #17
I have yes. 4 weeks ago. Might try again now I know exactly what I need, if no luck elsewhere Thanks

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.11.2017  ·  #18
Donagheys are able to source a lot of stuff.

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.11.2017  ·  #19
Appreciate that. I am trying to get the exact part number from project 2000 and then I’ll try to source it. I’ll give them till next weekend to come back to me. Anchorpoint said they might be able to source it also. That’s where I bought the van and James and the team there have always been superb to deal with. If I can obtain the exact part number it would make it a lot easier for whomever.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.11.2017  ·  #20
Id be looking at why it broke in the first place, is the step stiff to move all the way in and out? If so make sure its free of obstruction or it will be back to square one again,

Best of luck in the hunt

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.11.2017  ·  #21
Going back to when I posted originally. I am guessing someone stood on it when it wasn’t fully out..... and when I stripped it down... found a bolt where the shear pin should be😢. Previous owner or their mechanic, I guess.
Cheers for the help before 👍👍

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.11.2017  ·  #22
Daffysparks, check out a company called jap engineering . They have a good profile on Facebook.
The owner is Tom Egan based between Tullow and Hackestown Co. Carlow. Bring all your bit and pieces to Tom and he has the brains to fabricate a new part. But like all good things, he is not cheap.
Malcolm

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.11.2017  ·  #23
Thanks for that. I will check that out as well. Between all the advice from everyone I’m more confident now of getting the part either replaced or remade. I’ll let you know what happens

Daffysparks

Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.01.2018  ·  #24
Update
After being in contact with the step manufacturer in Italy, they gave me the name of Nova Leisure in England-as their agents. To cut a long story short as I am vat registered Nova decided that they could sell to me directly!!! Paid £345 to the them and got a delivery date of February 5th 😩. However got home from holiday yesterday and lo and behold the new steps had arrived. Complete unit. Took out the old one today, fitted the new one, plugged in the wiring connectors and crossed my fingers and toes.( 2017 steps and controller versus 2004 wiring system ) and ..... lo and behold working 100 % correctly. Happy days. Even got a call from Nova leisure today to see had it arrived and an email from project 2000 telling me to contact them if I had any problems. Also it was about £200 cheaper than I could find anywhere else. Can’t complain about that service. Well done to both Nova leisure and project 2000

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.