Certificate of Conformity

Kismet
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.05.2017  ·  #1
So I recently bought a campervan in the Netherlands.
I thought I had all the paperwork, tried to get it passed the VRT. Guess what, I don't have a certificate of Conformity.
Trying to get it out of the guy I bought it from, no joy.
Tried to get it from Ford Netherlands, no joy either, they tell me its an Italian camper.
Try to get it from Ford Italy, yeah, you guessed it, the lack of joy is getting me down really.

Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction?

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

Re: Certificate of Conformity

· 
Posted: 19.05.2017  ·  #2
Who made the Motorhome in Italy.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.05.2017  ·  #3
Or maybe a CVRT test centre

Bounder
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: 2015 Adria 640 SHX
Base Vehicle: Ducato X250 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.05.2017  ·  #4
You shouldn't need a CoC if the vehicle was previously registered.
from Revenue s own site:

Required Vehicle Registration Documents
Unregistered Vehicles

An unregistered vehicle will only be registered on production of the appropriate EU Type Approval Documentation - European Community Whole Vehicle Type-Approval (ECWVTA) Certificate of Conformity (COC), Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) or National Small Series Type-Approval (NSSTA).

The manufacturer should be contacted regarding a COC, and the NSAI should be contacted regarding IVA or NSSTA.

Previously Registered Vehicles

A previously registered vehicle will only be registered on production of a foreign certificate of registration, a certificate of permanent exportation or a certificate of de-registration. Other documentation such as a salvage certificate will not be accepted for registration purposes. If you have not got one of these documents, you should contact the registration authority of the State from which the vehicle was imported (or in the case of vehicles coming from the UK, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing AgencyExternal link)

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Chasson flash 03
Base Vehicle: Ford transit 2.2
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.05.2017  ·  #5
The main points that need to be explained are,
- the age of the vehicle,
- the type of campervan,
- was the van converted after it's first registration,
- was the conversion done by a competent company.

Most of the above info is partially correct.
All motorised vehicle need type approval to get a certificate of conformity in order to register the vehicle within the EU. This was first introduced in 2012 on a phased basis throughout the EU. The uk implemented this in late 2013 where as here in the south the implementation didn't happen until Oct 2014.
If your camper is pre 2012, as far as I know there is no requirement for a CoC.
If your camper was originally a commercial van converted since 2012 and done by a non type approved body builder you are in trouble.
However the key to this mystery is to find the date when the camper was completed by the Italian company and approach them for duplicate paperwork. Also keep pressure on the previous owner for copy of previous registration, or mot/ doe cert, export licence, etc. Refuse no paperwork.

Kismet
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2017  ·  #6
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your help with this.
1. The campervan is from 1996.
2. Its an actual motorhome that was built as a motorhome, it was never a conversion.
3. It was imported from Italy to the Netherlands and then I purchased it from the Netherlands. I've first contacted the Netherlands and couldn't get anything from them as they said it was an Italian Import. I've tried contacting Ford in Italy and been getting the run around.
4. Thanks for suggesting the Certification company, I got onto them and they don't do CoC's for motorhomes :(
5. The Revenue are looking for the CoC because they won't register it without it.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2017  ·  #7
Kismet where are you based

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2017  ·  #8
It's a long shot but try give these a ring and explain what you're looking for. English speaking Contact numbers in the link https://www.eurococ.eu/en/contact-us

It's worth a try anyway.

I tried to do it manually but I dont have all the details of you're van. eg Vin number Etc.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2017  ·  #9
Try D&M truck engineering based in Kilcullen Co. Kildare. They are a test centre who do type approval and certification for nasi. They also have a certified engineering division. They are the guys who declare a vehicle roadworthy after crash repairs and insurance write off.
My opinion is the person in revenue who your are dealing with is misinformed, as I am 99% certain that a CoC is not required for a pre 2012 reg vehicle. What they should be looking for is confirmation that the vehicle is a proper motorhome , not a commercial vehicle.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2017  ·  #10
Quote by Thorn123

Try D&M truck engineering based in Kilcullen Co. Kildare. They are a test centre who do type approval and certification for nasi. They also have a certified engineering division. They are the guys who declare a vehicle roadworthy after crash repairs and insurance write off.
My opinion is the person in revenue who your are dealing with is misinformed, as I am 99% certain that a CoC is not required for a pre 2012 reg vehicle. What they should be looking for is confirmation that the vehicle is a proper motorhome , not a commercial vehicle.

That's why I asked where you are because I would recommend you go to the VTN centre on the long mile road as done the form for me to convert my van to campervan .who are also recognized motor engineers by the Revenue

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2017  ·  #11
Sprinter are they the ardjent boys, beside Renault trucks that your referring to. If so they are at least twice the price of the crowd that I recommended. The company that I work for realised this some months ago

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2017  ·  #12
Yes the are. My point being that same as you . I think that is the sort of place that Melanie should go to in order to get the correct information. that's exactly why I asked where she is based , in order to direct her towards , as far as i remember there is about 14 centers around Ireland that are accepted by and recommended by Revenue. The wont charge her for the correct information.

But Thorn .
As for how expensive they are , I cant remember what the charged ,it was irreverent in the scheme of the whole process , I was just glad to have got trough everything and on the road.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.05.2017  ·  #13
All engineers charge for their services, it's the nature of business. Definitely using the services of one, would help to speed up matters with revenue.
I suspect that because the motorhome was manufactured 20 odd years ago and is on it's second export, the original documents have not been digitalised and are not available on revenue computers.

Kismet
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.05.2017  ·  #14
Thanks everyone for your help. This has been very useful.
I'm living in Dublin but i'm storing the Camper at home in my mom's in Cork.

I think I'm going to do that and get onto the engineering company.

Thorn123
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.05.2017  ·  #15
Hi Kismet,
Maybe open a new post here looking for an auto engineer based in Cork, as there are a few folks from Cork knocking around here. Who knows, someone's family member may be able to help you.
Best of luck.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.05.2017  ·  #16
http://www.nsai.ie/Our-Service…nters.aspx

This is a list on the Suitably Qualified Individual (SQI)
Who are signed up with and are accepted buy revenue the to do the paperwork you require (from Revenues own website.)
There is one in Riverstick in Cork.
Give the one or two of them a call,explain your problems ,get a quote for doing the paperwork ,if you need your DOE get it all sorted at the same time.

SIMEONM251
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.01.2021  ·  #17
Hi Kismet, just wondering how did this one finish up?

I'm currently in the process of bringing a motorhome in from the UK, under a VRT exemption. All boxes ticked so far regarding VRT, however the revenue are now potentially looking for CofC. RSA and some of the posts above state this is for new vehicles from 2012 onwards.

I am also based in Cork, so if you could give me any info as to whether you needed it, and if so where you got it done, that would be great.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.01.2021  ·  #18
Kismet has not returned to post or read since their last post 31/5/17.
Hopefully someone else with appropriate knowledge will come back to you.

Davy

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.01.2021  ·  #19
Quote by SIMEONM251

Hi Kismet, just wondering how did this one finish up?

I'm currently in the process of bringing a motorhome in from the UK, under a VRT exemption. All boxes ticked so far regarding VRT, however the revenue are now potentially looking for CofC. RSA and some of the posts above state this is for new vehicles from 2012 onwards.

I am also based in Cork, so if you could give me any info as to whether you needed it, and if so where you got it done, that would be great.

The Certificate of Conformity should be part of the vehicles paperwork, it would have been issued by the manufacturer along with the rest of the bumph to the purchaser when new.

If the vehicle has passed through a number of owners it may have become lost.
The manufacturer, the motorhome builder not the base vehicle builder, should be able to issue a copy, probably for a fee.
The CoC is a useful document to have as it is the official legal document from the manufacturer listing things like the number of travel seats, vehicle and axle gross weights, engine emissions, etc. which overrides any opinions the RSA or others in officialdom might have about the vehicle.
Below is an example of page 2 of mine issued in 2005, so I don't understand the 2012 thing.

Liked by: sprinter

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.