mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Car insurance (south)

· 
Posted: 25.08.2016  ·  #1
Got the renewal for the car in on Tuesday, it's up €200 on last year, we didn't have any claim,

Rang my broker yesterday asking where I can complain,
She said to lobby the local politicians to get the law changed regarding the amount that is paid out to an insurance claim, 🇧🇭 🇧🇭
Seemingly in uk for example a fixed amount is paid out for a broken arm, where as here it can vary wildly depending on a number of factors, one being how good of an actor the claiming is and how good a story the solicitor puts across,

And to top it all off she also told me that the "older" cars are getting a loading as the government want newer cars on the roads 😠 😠 I said well what is the Fecking NCT for then

From now on I'm considering buying a cheap "newish" banger and not bother to maintain it to get reasonable insurance quotes. Which is not the answer I know but a bit frustrated,

Any body else got stupid renewal quotes for private car insurance?

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

Re: Car insurance (south)

· 
Posted: 25.08.2016  ·  #2
All of our Insurances are due in the next few days, the car wasn't too bad until we wanted to put it in Maria's Name then they wanted nearly another €200 but after a fight they gave it at the original price. what pissed me off is the cost of the Tractor which was over €700 and it wouldn't be on the road three times in the year. the Jeep is also up €200. I must say I did get good bit of Discount when I went down to them and had a bit of a battle. (FBD)

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.08.2016  ·  #3
Well I intend to battle aswell as it's maddening,

Glad you got a reasonable price in the finish :up:

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.08.2016  ·  #4
My brother had a very nice 2001 1.4 VW Golf. He bought a new car 3 years ago and his son, now 21, inherited the golf. Immaculate it is, passes it's NCT every year without issues...... This year his insurance went up from €1220 to €2450... Yes that's €1230 increase from last year !
Reason given was normal insurance inflation this year and.... now hear this.... because the car is over 10 years old. Doesn't matter about the NCT, doesn't matter that it passes without issue, no concerns...its 10 + years old and loaded €1000 because of it. This has to be illegal and he is talking to politicians regarding it....... Wouldn't surprise me if the politicians are getting brown envelopes to let this happen.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.08.2016  ·  #5
Quote by jonkil

My brother had a very nice 2001 1.4 VW Golf. He bought a new car 3 years ago and his son, now 21, inherited the golf. Immaculate it is, passes it's NCT every year without issues...... This year his insurance went up from €1220 to €2450... Yes that's €1230 increase from last year !
Reason given was normal insurance inflation this year and.... now hear this.... because the car is over 10 years old. Doesn't matter about the NCT, doesn't matter that it passes without issue, no concerns...its 10 + years old and loaded €1000 because of it. This has to be illegal and he is talking to politicians regarding it....... Wouldn't surprise me if the politicians are getting brown envelopes to let this happen.

He is lucky to be able to Insure it at all, seen it is 15 years old Insurance companies don't want to see you, some waffle about people buying old Cars and staging accidents and making bogus claims.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.08.2016  ·  #6
Well my auld diesel Passat is 2002, Didn't realise the limit was 10 years old,

guess who is looking for a 1986 diesel golf or jetta, (The vent didn't come out until 1992 as far as i know) :-)

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.