GUIDE TO USING AN AIRE IN IRELAND.
The following guidelines should be adhered to when using the facilities at any Motorhome service area (Aire de Service) in Ireland. As with the vast majority of Aires across Europe no caravans or tents should use these facilities. Aires are considered a stopover, not a campsite and should therefore not be used for an extended stay.
• Do not park up in front of the Service point (Borne). Please use it and move on to a park up.
• Use designated spaces if indicated.
• Any Motorhome using Aire facilities should have everything contained within the vehicle footprint. No Awnings, tables, chairs etc should be set up outside the vehicle.
• Parking is on a first come first served basis. If there are a designated number of spaces no Motorhome should stay once these are in use. Please do not reserve spaces for others.
WATER AND ELECTRICITY
• Fresh water supply is usually metered and available by payment tokens for short durations if required. These tokens should be available for purchase locally as indicated on a sign close to the service point. Please use the correct taps etc.
• If electricity is available it is usually metered and available by payment tokens for short durations if required. These tokens should be for purchase available locally as indicated on a sign close to the service point.
• Toilet cassette emptying point and rinse are not usually charged for. Please do not use grey waste point for toilet waste.
• Grey water drain area is not usually charged for but not always be in an obvious location.
• No generators should be used at any time.
• Please respect other Motorhome users on the Aire.
• Keep noise to a minimum (especially after 11pm)
• Shop locally and tell the shop staff you are staying in a Motorhome at the local Aire.
Please check local signs on arrival for variations of these guidelines. This is not an exhaustive list and may be updated in the future should the need arise.
Motorhomecraic.com Oct 2012.