StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Mifi and foreign SIM cards

· 
Posted: 24.08.2015  ·  #1
Still trying to work the best approach to wifi access over the winter in Spain/Portugal.
Can I buy a prepaid sim in say Spain and Portugal and insert the same into mifi and then get wifi?

Or is it (much) more complex than that?
When away we need a laptop and we take 3 mobiles (uk and irish) and a tablet. And we want wifi for all although not at the same time.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: Mifi and foreign SIM cards

· 
Posted: 24.08.2015  ·  #2
I have a UK 3 mifi and data sim. When in Dungarvan last week I called into the 3 ROI store. I was hoping to buy a southern data sim but the assistant said it would not work in a UK 3 mifi and that 3 UK were a different company to 3 ROI.

You will need to confirm that the mifi is or can be unlocked before you try. I also was told by an assistant when buying my mifi that a 3 UK phone sim would not work in my 3 UK mifi, so more confusion.

There are a couple of threads running on this subject at the moment.

Davy

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.08.2015  ·  #3
Thanks Davy I started the other one aswell albeit with a slightly different emphasis
I think I will call into a retailer and see if they know more or can give me some advice.

pogonogo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.08.2015  ·  #4
I have been using a uk 3 data sim for seven years in UK ROI and europe with out any problems, it is a contract sim.I bought an unlocked mifi 3 months ago and fitted the sim into it and hi presto it works perfect with up to eight units connected although the more units you use the slower the download time. I think there is a limit to the length of time you can use the sim when roaming. Read the t & c's

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.