Corofin, Clare

biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Corofin, Clare

· 
Posted: 16.08.2015  ·  #1
Just a word on Corofin hostel and camping. Arrived late on thursday night and was greeted with what hour was this to be coming into a campsite, it was 9.55pm. Have arrived late in many sites in Ireland the uk and France...........never had a problem,find a spot and sorted it out in the morning even allowing that it they were full was told about some where else to pull. Simply told here to go out the way I came in. Won't be staying here again.
Review posted. :sleep: :up:

notathome
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault Master
Subject:

Re: Corofin, Clare

· 
Posted: 16.08.2015  ·  #2
Quote by biffo

Just a word on Corofin hostel and camping. Arrived late on thursday night and was greeted with what hour was this to be coming into a campsite, it was 9.55pm. Have arrived late in many sites in Ireland the uk and France...........never had a problem,find a spot and sorted it out in the morning even allowing that it they were full was told about some where else to pull. Simply told here to go out the way I came in. Won't be staying here again.
Review posted. :sleep: :up:

Stayed here only 'once' before in our caravan days. Not one of our favourites!!!

franco
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.08.2015  ·  #3
I'm my opinion, I found the Pitches is way too tight for parking campers when adjacent pitches are occupied. I fairness spite site is slap in the middle of town.
Franco

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.08.2015  ·  #4
I've only heard positive things about this site til now. And I don't know the owner or the site. No excuse but...... Bad day perhaps

sgtzara
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.08.2015  ·  #5
Large group of us staying there this weekend mind I believe we're availing of the 'back field' so the 11pm noise rule can hopefully be relaxed a shade. Friendly comms via e-mail thus far.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.08.2015  ·  #6
Quote by sgtzara

Large group of us staying there this weekend mind I believe we're availing of the 'back field' so the 11pm noise rule can hopefully be relaxed a shade. Friendly comms via e-mail thus far.

Add a USER REVIEW to the end of Biffo's review after the weekend please; HERE (don't forget to star rate it)

sgtzara
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.08.2015  ·  #7
Quote by Ally

Quote by sgtzara

Add a USER REVIEW to the end of Biffo's review after the weekend please; HERE (don't forget to star rate it)

Will do Ally, not a problem. :-)

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.08.2015  ·  #8
:up:

Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Autoroller 746
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.08.2015  ·  #9
As opposed to the warm welcome you would expect, I found the "receptionist" devoid of personality...at least they are consistent in their approach!

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.08.2015  ·  #10
Any news on this site? I get asked for recommendations and judging on the posts to date I will have exclude this one.

sgtzara
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.08.2015  ·  #11
Review submitted. It seems we'd a much better experience than Biffo.

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.08.2015  ·  #12
I'm pleased that you had a good time and the campsite was that you needed wanted it to be.
As I said previously I had heard good things about the site prior to Biffos visit, so perhaps on the day he visited he caught them on a bad day or bad moment.
Thanks for posting the update and review.

sgtzara
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.08.2015  ·  #13
No problems, happy to help. Now I know how to do this, might submit a few new ones of my own.

biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Corofin

· 
Posted: 24.08.2015  ·  #14
I'm glad that the experience of previous reviewer was good for this site............I simply didn't get the chance to find out. I acknowledged that I was late in arriving at the site and should have checked before I drove in .......but a simple sign stating that the site was full could have prevented this.
If I caught the gentleman at a time he was having a bad day ..........tough. I simply said I was looking for somewhere to pull and he could have had the courtesy to say he was full ..end of. Instead I was asked what I was looking for when it was fairly obvious with a six meter van ticking over ........and when I said I would leave over the grass ( which I had checked out and was happy it was ok to drive over as other vans had obviously done so) to leave was told "no ya won't,you'll back out the way ya came in".
I'm not going to get into a tizzy over this now,I simply state that a simple sorry we are full was all that was needed instead of the ignorance I encountered, even after I apologized for the late arrival.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.