Blessington, County Wicklow

King Arthur

neil
Subject:

Blessington, County Wicklow

· 
Posted: 25.07.2015  ·  #1
A huge Roman Fortress was crafted from painted chipboard for King Arthur filmed in parts at Blessington, summer of 1993. Many other films used the same location including braveheart.

t18con
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Camper, built not bought
Base Vehicle: Vw Caddy 2l, 110bhp
Subject:

Re: Blessington, County Wicklow

· 
Posted: 26.07.2015  ·  #2
plenty of stuff like that going on , we were parked on the "ryan's daughter" beach overnight last weekend without realising at the time. I also sat on top of the sand dunes at "Omaha beach" from saving private ryan without realising.

closer to the north, about 10 miles from me, "castle black" from Game of Thrones is set up atm with the green screens and all up. the ship that is used regularly is on the same set too. just don't let group four catch you lol. there's probably more info online about the various games of thrones sites around the north.

the sand dunes at portrush are used in various episodes afaik

probably other people will have their own knowledge of what was filmed where in the north/south.

copperman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Elangh 120super
Base Vehicle: Renault master
Subject:

movies

· 
Posted: 26.07.2015  ·  #3
Quote by neil

A huge Roman Fortress was crafted from painted chipboard for King Arthur filmed in parts at Blessington, summer of 1993. Many other films used the same location including braveheart.

at the moment they are filming the series [ the vikings ] on the blessington lakes,, boats on the lake friday and a castle built on the shore..... the film reign of fire was filmed on the wicklow gap a couple of years ago

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.