Wild camping query

Glengirlie
Subject:

Wild camping query

· 
Posted: 12.06.2015  ·  #1
Hi - we are hiring a motorhome (panel van sized one) and bringing it over the Ireland in August. I am wondering whether you an safely park up in laybys in remote areas in Ireland. We did that in the north west of Scotland a couple of years ago - staying at campsites every 3 or so days. Is this possible? Much of the wild camping posts seem to talk about places with space for large numbers of vans - which would not be our idea of fun.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Wild camping query

· 
Posted: 12.06.2015  ·  #2
If you look at the motorhomecraic map you will find a great selection of wild camping spots, some will take one can others could take half a dozen or so.

Scanner
Love's the Craic
Homepage: dgmotorhomes.co.uk
Subject:

· 
Posted: 12.06.2015  ·  #3
We did 14 nights in May only 6 on campsites.

Of the others
1 was wilding at Hook Head Lighthouse
2 was at the Aire at Askeaton
3 was wilding on the car park at Leenane
4 was at the Aire at Crossmolina
5 was at Millar's pub & restaurant near Athlone - great food in the restaurant and lovely pub *
6 was in car park outside Cusack Park, Mullingar
7 was at Jas Manzor's pub in Clane - another great pub *
8 was at Howth Harbour

I'm not sure I'd like to park up in some lay bys - just a little too close to traffic sometimes, there are plenty of other places a little less exposed.

*at both pubs we just asked if we could park overnight so we could have a drink without worrying about driving afterwards and both said yes without hesitation.
The dinner at Millar's was really good and great value, they even did us a fantastic breakfast the next morning even though they weren't actually due to open until noon.

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.06.2015  ·  #4
Most lay bys have hight barriers, you will only get a car in :up: the review section is great as well as the mhc map

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.