Warning - Height Barriers at Drumaheglis Marina and Caravan Park

Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Autoroller 746
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato X290
Subject:

Warning - Height Barriers at Drumaheglis Marina and Caravan Park

· 
Posted: 06.06.2015  ·  #1
I was out at Drumaheglis Marina and Caravan Park this morning (not in the MH) and noticed that the Council in their wisdom have erected height barriers on the entrance/exit! The barrier is 2m high and seemed tight enough going under in a 4x4 with aero bars.

I am not 100% sure why anyone would ever want to stay at Drumaheglis but the place seemed full and there was one MH from the Netherlands.

The reason for the warning...an english registered Freelander and a fairly newish caravan (think it was a Swift Challenger) caught the height barrier and ripped it down on the way out causing extensive damage to the roof and sides of the caravan. The height barrier collapsed taking out a light bollard.

There looks to be an intercom system in place to buzz in and out when the height barrier is in place - another reason to avoid the place!

sgtzara
Craic'er
Subject:

Re: Warning - Height Barriers at Drumaheglis Marina and Caravan Park

· 
Posted: 06.06.2015  ·  #2
This is one of our favourite Caravan Parks. In the 8 years or so that we've been going there, those barriers have always been there - you can't miss them .... oh wait ..... someone did.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.