Truma C3000 problems

4wheelin

Subject:

Truma C3000 problems

· 
Posted: 22.03.2012  ·  #1
Hi folks, just changed my mh and the new one has a C3400 / C6000 Truma heater seems to be a combined heater and boiler unlike my last which had seperate heater and boiler, ancient but bulletproof, always worked. Am I correct in assuming that it will not work as a heater unless the boiler surrounding it is full with water ? If so therein lies my problem, I spent all evening trying to get it filled, followed the instruction manual, freshwater tank filled, new gas cylinder on, gas isolater switch on, 12V supply on kitchen tap switched to hot and open also, also tried washroom tap and shower hot taps on but could get no waterflow through any of them. The pump was running, it seems to be a submersible type housed inside freshwater tank and provides a fairly powerful flow to all cold taps when switched on. Drain down valves on hot and cold flow circuits are closed and electronic safety type valve thing did'nt appear to be dumping water either. I tried disconnecting the hot water feed pipe from the kitchen tap but nothing flowing from it either and tried syphoning but all to no avail. I'm now thinking that there could be an airlock in the boiler and wondering is there a bleed screw on the boiler ( similar to radiator in a house say) or some other device to ease the filling of boiler. Also wondering if the 'electronic safety type valve thing' beside the boiler has failed and wont allow water to flow through it to the boiler. 🇧🇭 Anyone ever had similar problems ? all suggestions appreciated.

Subject:

Re: Truma C3000 problems

· 
Posted: 23.03.2012  ·  #2
Hi Michael

I think it sounds similar to my system.

I know we need to let the pump run for up to 10 minutes with both taps open on the hot side before any water appears through them.

If you have already done it for that long try opening the access cap on the tank which you should be able to get your hand through. If you have an airlock in the system you may be able to give the submerged pump a good shake up and down under water to halp the flow start. Do this with both hot taps open and see if that shakes your air out.

4wheelin

Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.03.2012  ·  #3
Thanks Mark,
I've tried shaking the submersible pump up and down inside the F/W tank with the hot taps open but it did'nt resolve the problem either and gave the pump a good 15-20 mins with hot taps open to no avail either. I am considering putting a mains pressure hose onto the pipe leading to the boiler and turning it on slowly and gradually to see if this clears air from the boiler. Wee bit worried that this might be to much pressure and damage the boiler or tap mechanism. I'll have to mull this over though and see what happens. 📖

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.03.2012  ·  #4
I would give Simon at LTS a quick ring if in doubt, he is sure to be willing and able to help.

Leisure Tech Solutions
Craic'er
Homepage: leisuretechnicalso…
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.03.2012  ·  #5
give me a call later and i'll talk you through a few things..

leisuretechnical solutions
07739 797955

4wheelin

Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.03.2012  ·  #6
Quote by Ally

I would give Simon at LTS a quick ring if in doubt, he is sure to be willing and able to help.

Quote by Leisure Tech Solutions

give me a call later and i'll talk you through a few things..

leisuretechnical solutions
07739 797955

Thanks Ally & Simon, still did'nt have any luck yet, tried filling with hose tap on Saturday and still no go, got fed up and headed off for a spot of wild camping instead :D , Simon called you briefly on Saturday and will get back in touch,offer of help much appreciated.

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 25.03.2012  ·  #7
Hi Micheal.
I was just reading the instruction manuel and saw this section "see attachment"
their could be an isolating valve added.

I dont know if this is your boiler or not.

http://dealer.truma.com/_anwei…500_gb.pdf

hope it might help you a bit.

Ps. number 7 in the digram is the hot water connection, shows it has a ( vent valve )

4wheelin

Subject:

· 
Posted: 26.03.2012  ·  #8
Thanks for that Tom, I'm fairly sure that is the same boiler/heater I have, must check back along the line for an isolating valve, dont remember seeing one, but thats not to say its not there 📖

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.