France Passion

pointypatrol
Craic'er
Subject:

France Passion

· 
Posted: 21.03.2012  ·  #1
I have came accross this website that says about becoming a member of France passion which allows free stay at various farms, vineyards etc has anybody out there used this service in the past if so whats the thoughts?

dorts
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: France Passion

· 
Posted: 21.03.2012  ·  #2
I havent used it but being in the buissness of selling motorhomes I talk to a lot of people who are members and they think its brilliant

FRENCHMICK
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.03.2012  ·  #3
try these websites they have a shedload of infos not only france but pretty much of europe

a nice scottish couple(Danny and Sandy - ah those summer nights) we met told us they use to use french passion
but with a little research they did it all by these types of websites using free wifi at maccy d's

if you google aires de campingcar you get loads of places to stay both cheap and free

in french but with a little playing around and using translator you get a lot of info

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

http://www.i-campingcar.fr/accueil.htm

i-campingcar you can download a google earth location map and a PDF list for france (telechargement is french for download) just register and work it out -its free
there are a number of these sites the great thing about these 2 is they are free and useful for planning a trip
we have used the stop at Cleres just north of Rouen - free to park and you can buy a 'jeton' from the local shop for 6 hours of electricity nice village with 2 or 3 restos a shop and bakers and a zoo (didnt visit too busy enjoying wine)
dont know if this helps but we liked the town and not far off autoroute certainly worth it for a freebee stop

will be going to france this summer but in NI for easter may see you around -the caravanning and camping club uk have a rally in portrush over easter probably be there

happy aires

FRENCHMICK

Brit_Stops
Craic'er
Homepage: britstops.com
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.03.2012  ·  #4
France Passion is a great scheme! We used it when touring France in 2009, together with aires (as mentioned by Frenchmick above) and some campsites.

The aires are useful as you can often get closer to a town by staying on them, and some of them are lovely spots in their own right. We sort of stumbled upon them as we toured, but many use the "All the Aires" book which you can get from Vicarious Books online for about 20 euros / £17. You can also get the France Passion book from Vicarious.

The vineyards and farms we stayed at with France Passion were brilliant in different ways. The vineyards were often in beautiful locations, and of course you get to try and buy some great local wine. The stopovers on farms ranged from lovely fields to cow pat covered farmyards, but all had very positive memories that we took away with us, from eating farm-fresh venison to home made quiche which the farmer's wife insisted on heating up for us, and to watching my 10 year old daughter "helping" the farmer milk the cows!

We liked it so much we came home and created Brit Stops! :D

Steve

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.