Over night parking

Camper

fado
Subject:

Over night parking

· 
Posted: 09.11.2014  ·  #1
Living in louth looking for somewhere to park for a night preferably near a bar . Stayed at the back of Four seasons in carlinford last night they weren't to impressed.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Over night parking

· 
Posted: 09.11.2014  ·  #2
Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.11.2014  ·  #3
Hi, welcome to the forum,

There is a section on the forum called motorhome friendly pubs and restaurants. However it has been compiled by the subscribing members who pay around 10 euros per year. If you join up you will have access to that section as well as the map of hundreds of stopovers throughout the whole island. Lots of other benefits too.

The four seasons appears to have been abused by some who allegedly had a BBQ in the car park and no doubt there are others who pitch up and neither seek permission or buy a meal and/or a few drinks in exchange.

The future of this location seems to be in the balance at the moment.

Davy

GMAC
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.11.2014  ·  #4
Welcome to the forum Mark. Davy has basically said all that I would have said but I am curious as to why you got the feeling you were not welcome. Did you let them know you were thinking of staying and did you spend money in the Hotel?

fado
Subject:

Over night parking

· 
Posted: 10.11.2014  ·  #5
We parked up and went into hotel and asked at reception the girl says one of her bosses does not want campers here as they were taking up valuable parking spaces during large weddings , i told her i was going into eat and we would have a few drinks aswell she then says look he is not here tonight and if you left first thing in the morning there wouldn't be a problem , so we did that . I would rather pay for parking up then you could enjoy the night and not be looking over your shoulder. It is a lovely hotel and would go back as a guest only..

Mollyb
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.01.2015  ·  #6
WE stayed in a little village in Louth on our way back from Belfast last year, I think it was called Glasson, we stayed on the pier, there were two other campers there, a couple from Switzerland and another American, I think. Went up to the local bar for a few drinks and something to eat, really nice spot, no hassle.

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.01.2015  ·  #7
We stayed on the pier at Carlingford, three vans this time. Lovely. Small walk into town, nice meal, few drinks. Super. The pier was deathly quiet, and perfectly safe. On the way back towards Belfast, half way between Carlinfordand and Meath we found a forest. Drove right up to the top, and had amazing views towards Warrenpoint, Newry Kilbroney and round the coast. We're going back in the summer to have a bbq night. Enough room for 12 vans so will post when we're going back. Right Stu8rty?

stu8rty
Craic Addict
Homepage: belfastflyers.com
My Motorhome: Lunar champ H621
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8 2005
Subject:

· 
Posted: 24.01.2015  ·  #8
Yes Helga
'Twas a great wee spot will definitely be going back there :-)

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.