Belmullet and the black sod

condagh
Craic'er
Subject:

Belmullet and the black sod

· 
Posted: 31.07.2014  ·  #1
Hi
We are hoping to head to Mayo, and I've a mad wish to go to Belmullet, have searched but there's not a lot of info on parking up. Has any one ever parked up in the harbour, is it possible? We have a 33 footer, so i kind of need to plan in advance, does anyone know if its possible to head down to Blacksod in a large vehicle. Any advice re Mayo in general would be much appreciated. Many thanks
Anna

BAZ 25
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: BURSTNER810I ELEGANCE TAG/AXEL
Base Vehicle: FIAT 3.OLTR AUTO
Subject:

Re: Belmullet and the black sod

· 
Posted: 31.07.2014  ·  #2
Have stayed myself at the Blacksod lighthouse and pier at end of R313 my own is a 30ft tag
and had no problem's nice beaches on left before Blacksod,Cuan Eili I think there was a block of public
Toilets on the left beside beach and on your right with a small walk brought you to another beach.
Achill Island is one of my favourite spots Keem Bay at end of R319 is a bit of a climb up and descent
but a must to see and no problems for Vehicle.3 Car parks at different heights first two have toilet block beside
I usually park the Mh here also small beach in Dooagh before Keem Bay has shop beside (Gielty's) have stayed
here Overnight also, Westport at end of pier beside Westport Museum.Newport Harbour,Mullranny Harbour
Any more info give me a call before you go 07718031333 thnx Barry
Picture is of Keem Bay
You must be logged in or your permissions are to low to see this Attachment(s).

condagh
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2014  ·  #3
Barry Thanks so much for that info, feeling happy now. Love the photo, you have sold Keem Bay to me.
Cheers
Anna

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.08.2014  ·  #4
Stayed at Blacksod Lighthouse a few years ago without any problems except plenty of wind and no fish biting. About half way between Belmullet and Blacksod you'll come across this spot where the sea enters and leaves Leam Lough. https://www.google.ie/maps/@54…85yq3Q!2e0 It's worth finding a spot to park and walking back to have a look. If you get the tide right the flow is absolute madness, make sure you don't fall in and be extremely vigilent with children and animals. No second chances, especially on the outgoing tide.
Lovely views fr4om up here, the stone circle on the left is modern. https://www.google.ie/maps/@54…guKFKw!2e0

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.05.2022  ·  #5
AIRE Cuan Eilí, now closed it seems? anyone know any different?

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.