Wifi for RV

Anyone got the iboost pro 8 wifi.

Snowbirds
Subject:

Wifi for RV

· 
Posted: 10.05.2014  ·  #1
Anyone good one and if so is it any good?

Subject:

Re: Wifi for RV

· 
Posted: 10.05.2014  ·  #2
I was using a directional ariel like the iboost pro but opted for an omni directional in the end.

I tested three options over three weeks in France and found the best gain from the omnidirectional.
A lot of people have the impression that these boosters make all wifi free but that is not the case. If a password is required it is still required with a booster. Many people I spoke to couldn't get their head round the search and login every time you moved location.
We found the booster great in French aires with free wifi. Much less complicated.

Most members on here have opted for mifi now. I have both options.
Mifi is great providing you have a sim for the country you are in.

Helgahobby
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 05.08.2014  ·  #3
Good info Mark. So, does that mean I can buy any dongle from any supplier and just get different sims for wherever we happen to be. And, can you buy, say, a French payasyougo sim in the uk before going to France

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.08.2014  ·  #4
The dongle need to be unlocked or also called sim free to do that. Again as I said on other topics have a look at three as their feel like home package applies to I think 14 countries including ROI France and Austria. Once you go to other countries you can run into difficulties buying SIM cards as you don't have official documentation with an address in that country.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.