copperman
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Elangh 120super
Base Vehicle: Renault master
Subject:

tyreweld

· 
Posted: 15.04.2014  ·  #1
Halfords are doing a two for one on tyreweld in all their shops 9 .99 euro for two cans cant be bad :up:

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: tyreweld

· 
Posted: 15.04.2014  ·  #2
mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.04.2014  ·  #3
Quote by the fat controller

Also doing buy two get one free on cleaning products

That's where mark got his :lol: :lol:

Waterman
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs A6971 AKA Hoot
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2nd Gen 2.8HDi 128PS
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.04.2014  ·  #4
Quote by copperman

Halfords are doing a two for one on tyreweld in all their shops 9 .99 euro for two cans cant be bad :up:

Has to use it once on the car. Worked a treat :D A much better option than the kit that came with the car. I carry two in the camper and one in each car.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.04.2014  ·  #5
Quote by Waterman

Quote by copperman

Has to use it once on the car. Worked a treat :D A much better option than the kit that came with the car. I carry two in the camper and one in each car.

Marty, can the puncture be repaired or is the tyre a mess inside after using the tyreweld

Waterman
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs A6971 AKA Hoot
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2nd Gen 2.8HDi 128PS
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.04.2014  ·  #6
Quote by CHAUSSON

Quote by Waterman

Quote by copperman

Marty, can the puncture be repaired or is the tyre a mess inside after using the tyreweld

Yes, Pat, it can be repaired (Holts Tyreweld). Unlike the gunk that came from Ford with the car. Use that and you have the joy of replacing the tyre and the gunk which of course you can only get from Ford!

I came out one morning to a flat. Kids already in the car ready for school. Took out the can of Holts Tyreweld and in less than five minutes was on my way. Dropped the kids to school and drove to the local tyre guy. Puncture repaired for a tenner. Plus the tenner for the can of tyerweld (I may actually have bought it at half price). So 5 minute delay and €20 outlay but no fighting with jacks, wheelbrace, tight nuts, wheels that wont come off even with all the nuts undone, heavy spare wheel etc. Even with a spare why would you bother!

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.01.2020  ·  #7
So my local Aldi are selling cans of Tyreweld at a bargain price of €4.99. It looks to be just surplus stock they are shifting so quite likely not available in all stores. I picked up a few cans, to keep in our 2 cars and the camper. It’s label states “Large 17” Tyres or Above” and it also states “suitable for cars, vans, trailers and caravans” and “safe for use with tyre-pressure monitoring systems”.

Have any of you used this stuff and how would you rate it? And as it is a temporary fix, how long can you drive around on it?

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.01.2020  ·  #8
We have a Daewoo matiz, its used for moving caravans about, tow bar on the front and the back. One punctured wheel won't come off, nuts all rung, i injected it with a cheap can of tyre weld and its now been up about 4 months, still working fine and moving caravans. (it's never on the road)

Liked by: The Rambler

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.01.2020  ·  #9
Quote by Ally

We have a Daewoo matiz, its used for moving caravans about, tow bar on the front and the back. One punctured wheel won't come off, nuts all rung, i injected it with a cheap can of tyre weld and its now been up about 4 months, still working fine and moving caravans. (it's never on the road)

Pictures or it never happened ;)

Who could have predicted that a Daewoo Matiz would finish out it's days shunting trailers around a yard, that's the stuff of legends.

On the tyre weld, have had cause to use it twice and it got me out of bother. I wouldn't ever count on saving/repairing the tyre if you've reached a point where you need to use Tyre Weld.

Liked by: Ally

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.01.2020  ·  #10
Quote by <BM>

Pictures or it never happened ;)

Who could have predicted that a Daewoo Matiz would finish out it's days shunting trailers around a yard, that's the stuff of legends.

:D

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.01.2020  ·  #11
I would rather have a spare tyre as use that stuff the bloke I used to work for had his tyres done with that had to replace all four tyres cost him a fortune

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.01.2020  ·  #12
I'm getting confused. Why would you be sacrificing your tyres if you had to use this stuff? I did see a few posts on here about some other gunk, made by Ford I think, that did leave your tyres in a mess. But going by reports on here about Tyreweld, your tyre should be left in a reusable and repairable state no?

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.01.2020  ·  #13
I have used it a couple of times when it wasnt convenient to change the wheel or just couldnt be ars**. Dont think the tyre fittters like it. I still like to have a spare wheel. My Skoda came with the tyre weld and compressor but I bought a second hand wheel and jack just in case

Liked by: The Rambler

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.01.2020  ·  #14
Quote by The Rambler

I'm getting confused. Why would you be sacrificing your tyres if you had to use this stuff? I did see a few posts on here about some other gunk, made by Ford I think, that did leave your tyres in a mess. But going by reports on here about Tyreweld, your tyre should be left in a reusable and repairable state no?

It's down to the circumstances that would leave you needing to use tyre weld v's just using a pump.

AliPhatCamper
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.01.2020  ·  #15
Ere, I can't see no seven pin trailer socket on that Matiz. Tsk! Tsk! Ali.

Liked by: Ally

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.