Very early ferry from Larne to Cairnryan

Place to rest

sillysuzy
Subject:

Very early ferry from Larne to Cairnryan

· 
Posted: 12.04.2014  ·  #1
:sleep: need a place to chill prior to catching the 4am ferry at Larne any recommendation would be welcome please. :thx:

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Very early ferry from Larne to Cairnryan

· 
Posted: 12.04.2014  ·  #2
There is a car park on the way to the port beside some retail units and you would normally see a lorry or two parked there, it should be fine as you are heading away early, failing that why not in the port itself.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2014  ·  #3
Quote by sillysuzy

:sleep: need a place to chill prior to catching the 4am ferry at Larne any recommendation would be welcome please. :thx:

Shanogue is only 40 minutes away.

spatuladad123
Love's the Craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 13.04.2014  ·  #4
Three lovely car parks on the coast road regularly used by MH's .
1. From Larne ( about 5 miles ) just as you have rounded Ballygally headland it's on the right with a boat slip and a white rock that someone has painted a Polar Bear face on, you can't miss it.
2. From Larne (about 8 miles) go through Ballygalley, about another 2miles , small car park on the right, house beside it.
3. Glenarm coach park,also the marina ( 10 miles) signposted as you enter the village from the Larne side.

You will have them all to yourself at this time of year , all perfectly safe - however if you're a lone traveler or nervous you are welcome to park in our yard .(Larne)

Parking in the ferry terminal ok but the streets around town not recommended at the minute.

sillysuzy
Subject:

Thank you all.

· 
Posted: 15.04.2014  ·  #5
Hi everyone who has replied to my query, its great to get first-hand info direct from the horses mouth so to speak. Thanks for the offer of the use of your yard, thats so nice, fortunately there are two of us. Getting really excited now only a week to go before we come across. Hoping to get some cycling, walking and sight-seeing done. Will let you know how the visit went. ;-)

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.04.2014  ·  #6
Never mind letting us know how it went, let us know where you are heading as you may bump into fellow craicers along the way.

sillysuzy
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.04.2014  ·  #7
Ok, flexibility is the name of the game, however definately heading over to Greencastle as we have friends there, then spending sometime exploring Inishowen Peninsula, visit the Doagh Famine village, walk up the Mamore Gap, checking out the Aire at Buncrana. We fancy cycling the Newry to Portadown cycle route and the Foyle Valley route. Would also like to look round Glenveagh Castle and on the way back stopping near Bushmills and going to visit the Giants Causeway and the area around there. So lots planned not sure whether we will fit it all in maybe we are being too ambitious, time will tell. How will we recognise a fellow craicer, is there a secret wave ?

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.04.2014  ·  #8
there are quite a number of us who have the motorhomecraic sticker in the window of the van.

Will you take the motorhome over Mamore Gap! If you are staying in that area you can wildcamp at Tullagh Bay, its on the POI map, beautiful beach.

sillysuzy
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.04.2014  ·  #9
Oh dear!!! :'( am I showing my ignorance, didn,t know you could take the motorhome over the gap or are you pulling my leg, my husband likes "uphill walking so thought we would do it as a walk. Thanks for the tip about the wildcamp spot will keep it mind.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.04.2014  ·  #10
Going from south to north over the gap is possible, but very narrow and twisty on the way down, not good if you meet something coming the other way, but the views are spectacular especially on a clear day. Done it a number of times in the car and motorbike but not the mh.

sillysuzy
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.04.2014  ·  #11
Think we'll give that a miss then with the van. Will look out for the craicers badge on motorhomes we see.

2+3
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.08.2014  ·  #12
did a 4am ferry trip from larne to cairnryan and back...both nights stayed in ports itself...the staff at larne were nice when we pulled in early evening just to inquire about everything and the man offered us parking in the coach area. thought it would be noisy but we slept like logs....one other camper

first time on a ferry and checkin didnt happen till 3.50am....cairnryan desk opened at 3.15 so more relaxed. carpark to the side, about 5 campers....

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.08.2014  ·  #13
Here here John it's always interesting to hear where we bump into fellow Motorhome Craicers.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.