Charge what you like?

Causeway coast touring park

Julieann
Craic'er
Subject:

Charge what you like?

· 
Posted: 30.03.2014  ·  #1
Have stayed a couple of times at this wee site (between carrick dhu and juniper hill behind a house also sell gas) and came away today feeling ripped off. We stayed 2 weeks ago on the Saturday night and were charged £22 stayed this weekend Friday and Saturday night and was charged £46. May I add you also have to pay for your shower which is £1 for approx 8 mins. I feel the owner just charges whatever she likes no price lists displayed anywhere. Surprisingly there was ourselves and 1 other motorhome on the Saturday night. Needless to say we shall not return will not be ripped off!

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

Re: Charge what you like?

· 
Posted: 30.03.2014  ·  #2
Yeah that's how to treat folk like that. Just ignore them and free camp.

Shivster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Six berth named Milly with cute red heart interior! Eurostyle emphasis on style
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.03.2014  ·  #3
Did you complain or tell her how unhappy you were? I am just wondering? That is awful I agree with you. Rip off to be sure and it is not hight season and even then that would be a lot.

Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.03.2014  ·  #4
Oops.
Very poor of them to not even remember you and how much they charged.

Could their prices increase from St Patricks day?

Thanks for the info julieann.
One to avoid I think.

Julieann
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.03.2014  ·  #5
No didn't challenge her probably should have but then what would be the point? These small sites should be regulated by somebody. Didn't renew my subscription with camping and caravanning club this year as my eldest child now is 6 and so have to pay for him making it quite expensive but at least there you get free showers! Here worked out even more expensive than delamont which is a lovely park. This site the kids aren't even allowed to ride their bikes.

Shivster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Six berth named Milly with cute red heart interior! Eurostyle emphasis on style
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.03.2014  ·  #6
Quote by Julieann

No didn't challenge her probably should have but then what would be the point? These small sites should be regulated by somebody. Didn't renew my subscription with camping and caravanning club this year as my eldest child now is 6 and so have to pay for him making it quite expensive but at least there you get free showers! Here worked out even more expensive than delamont which is a lovely park. This site the kids aren't even allowed to ride their bikes.

Vote with your feet so Julienn and don't head back there. I know with kids wild camping isn't always feasible (like us we have never wild camped). It is such a pity cause on here we now all know and we will also not be making an appearance.

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.03.2014  ·  #7
One to avoid alright, But the site owners will never cop on if this kind of information is not got back to them.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.03.2014  ·  #8
Been there and left sharpish. We booked for the Airshow sept past as we had the grandkids with us, we arrived and it was so full she put us beside the main road! When we complained were told only other place was on the hill, fine I gave it a go but the only place I could get level was close to a caravan but not that close, she then told us we had to move as it was agains safety rules to be that close (4m) we obliged and then some one else arrived and she put them right beside us (1m) at that I thought nah not for me if she is that hypocritical and we promptly left, we hadn't paid at that point and didn't. Needless to say never going back.

Julieann
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.03.2014  ·  #9
Yip hypocritical and greedy not good traits for running a business.

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.03.2014  ·  #10
Sounds like the greedy beggars who own jasmine villa in cork, makes my blood boil,

Best avoided and let them know you won't be back,

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.03.2014  ·  #11
Yes, we stayed there once & would never go back. We stayed on a cold winters night and left an electric heater on while out having a lovely meal at the Ramore.
When we left she charged me a further £6 for electric making it £8 for hook up alone plus the pitch fee. When Emily said we hadn't used the shower she said she knew because she was watching us. Creepy.
We gathered all the 2p & 1ps we had gathered in an old tin & paid her that way. We told her she was charging too much & wouldn't be back.
That was our early motorhoming days when we were still in caravan mode but now we know the beauty of parking up at one of the many locations, we hardly ever use sites.

Not recommended.
:bandit:

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.03.2014  ·  #12
Yeah FC you've hit the nail right on the head GREED.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.03.2014  ·  #13
The bit I actually had forgotten about was the price quoted on the phone was half that when we arrived, reason given was it's the Airshow!

Shivster
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.03.2014  ·  #14
I just checked and the Causeway Coast is not in the review section. It might be helpful to put it in and add the comments and rate it so no one else will be bothered going. :whistle:

TAYLOR.
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: kencarrolladaptati…
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.03.2014  ·  #15
Quote by CHAUSSON

One to avoid alright, But the site owners will never cop on if this kind of information is not got back to them.

You have to tell them.How else will they know

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 31.03.2014  ·  #16
I've heard similar stories from friends. They went to it for over 10 years, then the woman just turned on them and made them unwelcome, they have not been back.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.