Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Tesco Clubcard WiFi

· 
Posted: 21.12.2011  ·  #1
Tesco are doing free wifi for Clubcard holders at their Extra stores.

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/wifi/

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: Tesco Clubcard WiFi

· 
Posted: 21.12.2011  ·  #2
Yea noticed that when I visited their new Ards store.

Checked it out on the interweb and the story seems to be that they are piloting it at some stores and will likely roll it out to all as it is already used in house.

The info seemed to be that you need to have your clubcard registered on their site and then connect in store to register for the wifi.

They seem to think it will help business for those with smartphones whilst shopping. :bandit:

I am hoping to use it particularly in the big stores that have cafes. Don't know if it will be lifted by a laptop in the van, any way I don't want to be parking too close too the doors (as if you could get a space). Too many nutters with trolleys and car doors !! :-|

Even with my cars I park as far from the doors as possible, much too the chagrin of my wife!! :devil:

Usefull in the UK, not sure what the store network is like in the south? Any info?

Davy

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.12.2011  ·  #3
Quote by TeamRienza

Don't know if it will be lifted by a laptop in the van, any way I don't want to be parking too close too the doors (as if you could get a space). Too many nutters with trolleys and car doors !! :-|

Davy

Get one of these forum/topic.php?t=49 :)

I always take up two spaces when I park at Tesco, get evil looks from other people but I have had that many dents and scrapes in the past, if they would just realise that cars are much bigger than they used to be and make spaces that are big enough. Always park far away from the doors too.

Viktor
Full Member - Likes the Underworld film series
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.12.2011  ·  #4
Yep...I'm a spacer too lol and also away from the rest....seen to many lazy people especially in windy weather load the car and just give the trolley a push away leaving it free to move about once they've driven off....don't know how they get them without losing money!

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.12.2011  ·  #5
Thanks for the advice on the Faculty x. :up:

Read loads about it on MHfacts, and it seems to be the business. I have it marked in my favourites for when I have the funds. :bandit:

I presume you have one, if so do you or others on the forum find that you can access enough sites to make it useful, especially when wilding or on cl/cs's. We also do a lot of C&CC w/ends off grid and not always near civilisation.

I am getting a new netbook from Santa O-) a Samsung which has allegedly 'up to 10 hours battery life' which in reality seems to be about 6 hours which is still enough for a weekend. Can't be having these smartphones. Eyesight not good enough for wee screens and £10 on payg lasts 3-4 months (no friends :( )

France in May, mostly aires, so fingers crossed for birthday. Sponsors for faculty x welcomed. :happy:

Davy

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.12.2011  ·  #6
Quote by TeamRienza

Read loads about it on MHfacts, and it seems to be the business. I have it marked in my favourites for when I have the funds. :bandit:

Davy

I have one and if you read the thread I recommended the dearer one. They are ok for things like picking up Wifi at Tesco's and at campsites but other than that not much good for anything. No WiFi when you are wilding, unless you are lucky to find a house nearby, but that will be secure usually, and if you do manage to find a BTFon or Openzone you are relying on a signal from someone else's tiny aerial on their router.

I use both, the antenna and wifi hotspot on my mobile for connecting my laptop to 3G. But 3g hasn't got great coverage either if you are out in the sticks.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.