Holyhead to London stopovers?

rodney
Subject:

Holyhead to London stopovers?

· 
Posted: 21.12.2013  ·  #1
Anyone know any decent places to sleep on that route? Arrive in holyhead at midnight and will probably be up for one or 2 hours driving but no more, don't mind paying a bit!

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Holyhead to London stopovers?

· 
Posted: 21.12.2013  ·  #2
There are plenty of camp sites all the way along the coast once you get off Anglesey but not all may be open at this time of year not too keen on anyone arriving at that time of night. There is however the option to wild camp at the old Holyhead port

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.12.2013  ·  #3
Yeah I stopped overnight at the old Holyhead Port with no probs at all.

rodney
Subject:

· 
Posted: 21.12.2013  ·  #4
yea cheers for replies, I'm wanting to get as near to london as possible before getting some sleep, I need to be at a wedding and cant be late! Defo won't be staying in holyhead unfortunately! Anyone any experience with truckstops along the way? Campsites probably a no go at that hour of the morning!

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.12.2013  ·  #5
The motorway service stations only allow a maximum of two hours before charging or clamping. What time have you to be in London at and remember there is the added problem of the charges for entering London, one is based in the emissions of the vehicle and is roughly once you are inside the m25 area and the other is the more central congestion charge.

DevaDave
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.12.2013  ·  #6
Quote by the fat controller

The motorway service stations only allow a maximum of two hours before charging or clamping. What time have you to be in London at and remember there is the added problem of the charges for entering London, one is based in the emissions of the vehicle and is roughly once you are inside the m25 area and the other is the more central congestion charge.

if you have uk plates and drive inside the congestion area.. (big red CC painted on the road) you get a letter telling you if your vehicle is too old, but you get one chance and the next time they fine you, however I'm not sure they have the ability to get you on Eire plates? perhaps a google on Congestion charge or direct gov web site to check it out.

I live 200 miles from London (you will pass close to where I live when you drive near Chester) , my advice if you can keep driving closer to London then do at night, where in London do you need to be? There is plenty of sneaky places to stop without stoping on the motorways, check out wildcamping.co.uk . :up:
sometimes I can do London in 3 hours other times 5 hours and thats in my company car! M56, M6,M1 or M40, M25 all can be horrible between 7am and 8 pm..mon to fri.

rodney
Subject:

· 
Posted: 23.12.2013  ·  #7
cheers folks! I need to be in Richmond for 11.30 am sharp I see theres a large park nearby and am hoping to get lucky for parking there or near to it?

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.