Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Smev V's Spinflo Oven

· 
Posted: 20.10.2013  ·  #1
Hi all.

Our Hymer Swing 644 has been serving us very well for the last number of years and we won't be changing it anytime soon.

Summertime cooking is fine between the hob and the portable gas bbq.

However as our 2 boys are getting bigger and hungrier I want to fit an oven.

My question is this. Has anyone had experience of Smev or Spinflo ovens or both?

They seem to be the 2 main producers on the market.

Some people I have spoken to don't rate the ovens in their vans at all, :sick: although one couple I know think their oven is great! :up:

Anyway, a heads up would be great before I make a purchase and dig out the electric jigsaw and drill !! :'(

Cheers.[img][/img]
Denis

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Smev V's Spinflo Oven

· 
Posted: 20.10.2013  ·  #2
We have a Smev oven and the boss thinks it works well ,you can get duel oven grill versions also ,have you considered a microwave ? we dont like them but you might

dintymc
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.10.2013  ·  #3
Thanks eirebus.

We carry a small electric oven (lidl purchase) when we go to France but I want a gas one for winter camping here on d'aul sod when all the campsites are closed. Anyway, a fixed gas oven would negate the necessity for carrying another piece of equipment in the garage.
Microwave - nah.

I'll be looking for an oven/grill combo for sure. Will you ask 'the boss' if the smev will roast a chicken or is it more suited to smaller items like chicken wings, breasts, fish etc. Maybe even stretch to the roast shpuds.

Cheers
Denis

jacktherev
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Adria Vision
Base Vehicle: Renault
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.10.2013  ·  #4
Dintymc why not buy a Cobb Grill? We use it more than we use the oven even in the winter. I know the traditional oven is hand for the M&S & telco etc ready prepared meals but I like something different.

dintymc
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2013  ·  #5
Thanks Jack, but the boss in our van never cooks ready made meals - oh no. In fact how she manages tom produce the dinners on the 2 ring gas hob is beyond me.

Is the cobb grill a bit like the portable bbq? Does it need to be used outside? We've never seen one in action.

Cheers
Dintymc

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 30.10.2013  ·  #6
Hi Dennis the boss says the Smev will do anything you put into it , ours is 2 separate units oven in 1 place grill in another a waste of space

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.