omni step

omni step

eamon t
Craic'er
Subject:

omni step

· 
Posted: 27.09.2013  ·  #1
HI THERE, MY OMNI STEP IS PLAYING UP , I HAVE CLEANED IT ,GREASED IT ,BUT IT IS STILL NOT WORKING RIGHT , WHEN I PRESS THE BUTTON OR FOB IT WILL ONLY GO IN OR OUT A SMALL BIT AT A TIME. SOMETIMES THERE IS NO RESPONCE AT ALL , ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS, MY VAN IS A 2010 AUTOTRAIL . THANK YOU.

Flipperdipper
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: HOBBY 600
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

Re: omni step

· 
Posted: 28.09.2013  ·  #2
Did you by any chance hit the step off anything ? It happened me a couple of years ago and I bent some of the brackets underneath. A little precision with an 8 lb sledge hammer soon had things back to normal. :D

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.09.2013  ·  #3
Possibly check the wiring going to the motor if it working sometimes and sometimes not,

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Omni step

· 
Posted: 28.09.2013  ·  #4
Hi Eamon, welcome to motorhomecraic. :D :up:

We had exactly the same problem with our step 2 years ago, although our van is a swift sundance the step is the same fixture. Sometimes it worked, sometimes stuck out halfway, or made a wee lunge for a couple of inches, we ended up bungie roping it up while on hols until we got home from Cornwall. People suggested low battery power or maybe I had hit a kerb or it needed wd40? but as the van was still under warranty Hagans put a new step on but it was still not working. The problem was eventually traced to a circuit in the "brain" where all the fuses and electrics are. Sorry I am not very technical but that's where it was, nothing to do with the step area itself! 🇧🇭

When this was fixed we have had no problems at all. We also discovered you can alter how you want the step to operate via a wee digital display. Originally when we locked the van and walked away the step retracted but you can have the step left out while locked, which we do & leave an old pair of size12's on it so it looks like there might be someone still on board! It still automatically retracts when you start the engine of course so I don't scythe the ankles off pedestrians! :lol:

Get the circuits in the brain checked as no amount of wd40, grease, hammers, or cursing will fix it!
Good luck mate.
John

digger
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Mirage 6000
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.09.2013  ·  #5
I had a similar prob with my step. Turned out to be simple, the granddaughters were not letting it fully retract and the sequence was out of sync.

hobey

Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.09.2013  ·  #6
Hi Eamon. I'd be careful with grease. Any road dirt will stick to the greased areas and impede any movement.....Hobey

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.