My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

anybody know what this is?

· 
Posted: 09.09.2013  ·  #1
a friend of mine has his dethleffs 8 years,
he is 73 yrs of age and is not to technical at all,

whilst at donagheys open weekend this year he was complaning about his heater not working properly, whilst we were enjoying a can or two of carlsberg :-) he put on his heater and said watch this will cut out in a few minutes and thats it, sure enough it did and he turned it off,

his heater is thermostatic and when i told him to leave the switch on and it would come on when the van cooled a bit he laughed and tried it, sure enough he has figured out how to use his heater after nearly seven and half years,

yesterday i visited him and found this under his seat, were wondering what is it

this lad bought his motorhome from a main (family run) dealer who couldnt be botherer to show him the workings of things or tell him about the solar panel fitted to the roof or what it does,
i know some will think surely he knows but if you knew this lad you would understand,

he had it into the same dealer just after christmas for the annual service and mentioned to them that the heater was acting up or not doing what he thought it should, they told him it was perfect and not to worry about it, but didnt ask him how he was using it, (obvious when heater is ok then user is doing something wrong) O-) 🇧🇭

then when under the seat we found a 1500watt inverter that is rigged to run the plugs in the mh when not hooked up, he didnt know what that was either but did comment that his batteries are always charged,

so if any of you know an older person take 10 mins with a cup (or tin in my case) and ask do they know what everything does and that its working properly, it could save them a lot of hassle time and money

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.