richhill
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Weinsberg
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer
Subject:

Doolin Co. Clare

· 
Posted: 07.08.2013  ·  #1
Hi Folks, just had a wonderful 5 days at doolin, staying at a campsite for a change - Nagles.
As wild parking is rather limited here we noticed how much the local economy is missing out on.
As it was too windy to bbq -that's the excuse anyway - we dandered up to O'Connors each evening and spent approx 37 euros each night.
I mention this because - several days sitting watching the world go by - we counted on average about 5 vans per hour - driving down to the pier - and with nowhere to park up - a few came on site - some came in to Nagles to use water facilities, most turned and drove off.
This is a really lovely area and yet us motorhomers have nowhere to facilitate parking up to enjoy the area, without using a campsite. We did because it suited what we wanted to do, but usually we don't stay too long and tour.
Anyway - had a lovely 5 days and even watched a lady swim in the harbour with Dusty the dolphin.
took a trip to Inish Oir courtesy of a half price offer on Groupon with Bill O'brien ferry.
Regards

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Doolin Co. Clare

· 
Posted: 07.08.2013  ·  #2
5 vans per hour - that's a lot of lost revenue!

Hopefully the recent foresight from Cork County Council will make other Councils/business's realise what they are missing out on.

Bob
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Re: Doolin Co. Clare

· 
Posted: 07.08.2013  ·  #3
have stayed in the carpark across from nagles and have stayed at nagles.
The owner of nagles says the vans in the car park for free cause him no harm as he is usually well booked up in the sight.
vans also stay on the road outside the pub you mention even tho it is on quite a slope.
during the summer months the car park is usually filled to overflowing with vehicles so if planning to use it overnight get there after tourists have left or vry early before they arrive as there is very little room once filled to even turn.

BAZ 25
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: BURSTNER810I ELEGANCE TAG/AXEL
Base Vehicle: FIAT 3.OLTR AUTO
Subject:

Cliffs of Moher Car Park Nearby

· 
Posted: 07.08.2013  ·  #4
Stayed here myself in car park beside Nagels many times also nearby are the car parks for The Cliffs of Moher was pulling in here just about closing time and was actually car park attendant who told me it was okay to stay overnite and if you were out early enough in the morning (B4 8am i think) you would not be charged car park fee, Also a very good time to See the Cliffs after the Facilities are closed most visitors have left and you have the benefit of seeing the Cliffs in peace and quiet and in your own time.Bar nearest cliffs has a Holy Well beside it which is worth a Visit Also VAUGHANS Seafood Resturant in LISCANNOR a Must for Food . Thnx Barry

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.