Viktor
Full Member - Likes the Underworld film series
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Video Campsite Reviews

· 
Posted: 15.04.2013  ·  #1
Could I suggest members who visit campsites (if they are capable) take a short video on their mobile phone of the site and the facilities and upload it to Youtube.. perhaps while they are taking it just say outloud something along the lines of 'This is X at Y campsite reporting of behalf of www.motorhomecraic.com one of Ireland's leading campsite forums'.

Then the member could post here on the site, and get credit for the review placed on YouTube, and also help the site gain prominence through exposure to the world on YouTube.

It could even be extended to short video reviews of prominent tourist locations such as the Giants Causeway etc.

What do you think?

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Video Campsite Reviews

· 
Posted: 15.04.2013  ·  #2
Sounds good Viktor :up:

Subject:

· 
Posted: 15.04.2013  ·  #3
Is there anyone on the forum good at video editing?

If so we could get all the videos with the same motorhomecraic intro too..

flans van
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Campsite reviews

· 
Posted: 15.04.2013  ·  #4
Sorry Viktor, & Ally, maybe I am wrong but I disagree in promoting campsites in this way, which if they are in anyway good, will have their own website to show off their advantages for caravaners not us. This idea to me is :love: not in the spirit of the m/h craic idea, we (Em & me) are trying to get away from using campsites at all, as are all the devices we all fit to our m/homes are to make them more independent, not reliant on sites. In my opinion you only need to use a campsite in an emergency or on a very long tour to use their washing machines. You then take the expensive hit for an overnight!
O-)

Viktor
Full Member - Likes the Underworld film series
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.04.2013  ·  #5
Flans I agree and disagree lol. It's not actually the campsite that I was thinking of promoting (although that would probably happen), it was this forum by 'exposure' on YouTube. Not all members and visitors to this forum are going to want to Wildcamp as some have children, etc, but this would be a way of upgrading the information away from the usual written review. i was also thinking along the lines that people would more likely take note of independant video reviews from a third party site than just take a campsite website's video promotion at face value.

I like your idea Mark that perhaps they could be gathered by one member good at video presentation and uploaded with a standard intro as you have suggested.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.04.2013  ·  #6
Emily & John,

I agree with some of what you are saying........... but....... :) - there are members who use this site who do not park or park very little and use sites quite a lot, as we try and cater for ALL Motorhomers on Motorhomecraic then it would be unwise of us to ignore campsites. I might do a video of Shanogue House CL :)

deisecamper
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.04.2013  ·  #7
I think this would be a good idea, it would recommend the campsite from a campervan perspective. Regarding the matter of wild camping I have young children and wouldn't take the risk for the sake of a few bob, safety first.

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.04.2013  ·  #8
Great idea. I've always been a big fan of promoting good campsites. I have done so for the last couple of years. I even posted regular updates on a camsite review forum that has since closed down... Campsitereview.com. It was a handy resource for campers. i put a fair bit of effort into the written reviews & pics only for them to recently vanish. That was a real pity. I'd be glad to start adding once again. I'm not so good at video blogs, but I could put a slideshow together with some text slides. That should work ok on youtube.... All with MHcraic watermarks of course!

Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.04.2013  ·  #9
Campsite review was owned by Aaron Burchell. He recently had a major server crash which wasn't backed up by the host company.
He lost everything and can't be bothered starting again and I don't blame him.

Blag
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: 1980 Coachmen Leprechaun
Base Vehicle: GMC G35 Vandura. 6.7 Litre Chevy V8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 17.04.2013  ·  #10
Quote by mark

Campsite review was owned by Aaron Burchell. He recently had a major server crash which wasn't backed up by the host company.
He lost everything and can't be bothered starting again and I don't blame him.

Nor do I. I'm just sorry I didn't back up my reviews & photos of the campsites I did write up's on. Ah well, lesson learned.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.