Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

European Health Insurance Card - Android

· 
Posted: 15.04.2013  ·  #1
https://play.google.com/store/…y5laGljIl0.

Guide on how to use the European Health Insurance Card in the 27 EU countries, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. It includes general information about the card, emergency phone numbers, covered treatments and costs, how to claim reimbursement and who to contact in case you have lost your card. Available in 24 languages with easy option to switch from one language to another.
Note: Card cannot be generated or downloaded for use. Cards are issued free by your national health insurance provider. It does not replace travel insurance.
Note: When using the application for the first time some data needs to be downloaded (approx. 25MB). You will be charged for this according to your internet connection. We recommend that you download all data before travelling abroad.

Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

Re: European Health Insurance Card - Android

· 
Posted: 29.08.2013  ·  #2
hi all, we all have the EHIC card but was wondering can anyone clarify whats the point ? Ive presented it twice for kids on doctor visits and they glanced at it before charging me 50euro to continue with the visit, then when we got the prescription it could have been written by anyone and was a plain paper note to be given to pharmacy...wondering about others experiences in case there is something im missing?

Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.08.2013  ·  #3
Have you been attending private clinics or normal hospitals?

Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.08.2013  ·  #4
GP in Italy and normal local clinic in Barcelona

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.08.2013  ·  #5
Not sure about France but in Spain you have private and public clinics, if you go to the private ones then you will pay irrespective of whether or not you have the ehic, go to the public ones and they will want to see your ehic before you get to see a doctor otherwise you will have to pay. This is because the locals all have to pay to see a doctor something we (uk residents) take for granted. It's easy to tell which is private and public, the length of the queue. As for prescriptions, you can walk into a chemist and buy drugs and medicines which you would only get after seeing a doctor at home.

We would normally go to a chemist for things first before seeking a doctor as the pharmacist usually knows what to sell you for most ailments, but I would not travel without my ehic.

DevaDave
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 14.06.2014  ·  #6
We can't get travel insurance for my wife, so we stay in countries that have a good standard of health care... Uk/Eire :love: :love: :love: :love:
We come over next sat for two weeks holiday...

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.