richhill
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Weinsberg
Base Vehicle: Peugeot Boxer
Subject:

Mosel, Mossell, Mosselle

· 
Posted: 07.04.2013  ·  #1
Well anyway, like an object of different shapes to put flowers in, this river has spelling in different ways, does anyone have any experience of travelling to and around this area of Germany? I know this question leaves it open for a simple yes or no answer!, however, an account of your experience would be welcome.
Regards, Weejohnw

Bob
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Re: Mosel, Mossell, Mosselle

· 
Posted: 07.04.2013  ·  #2
we went last year
you cannot go wrong, stellplatz are 6 euro a night and are every village along the river

we started at zell and drifted our way down to trier

absolutely gorgous area and motorhome heaven

Bunny
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.04.2013  ·  #3
Hi,
We stayed in campsites in Heidelberg, Munich and Lake Constant last August. Not quite the same area you are looking at, we were unsure as to what to expect and were very surprised and happy with the warm welcome we received. Road network is excellent, public transport was great and affordable. For us it was well worth the journey. Best of luck and enjoy.

McGeemobile
Craic'er
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.05.2013  ·  #4
I agree it's a great place for motorhoming. The stellplatzes are often very green and are usually just on the riverbank so most vans have a great river view and you can watch the river traffic coming and going. Some of them are free too and many of the ones where you pay have WiFi. There are so many to choose from that we used the Bord Atlas book to help us decide which to use.
Enjoy your trip!

Bob
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.05.2013  ·  #5
they are so numerous we didnt plan anything.
we drove a bit and stopped where we liked
most are right on the banks of the river and afford glorious views, also not more than 500 yards from town or village.

most of the riverbank type stellplatz take up to 100 vans, also many vineyards along the mosselle let you stay overnight for free.

enjoy.................

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.