Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Forever Black bumper dye

· 
Posted: 30.03.2013  ·  #1
We didn't get away this Easter (yet), first time we have missed a C&CC rally in 17 years, due to a combination of cold weather and daughter home for the holiday.

Tried to get in the mood today by sterilising the water tank with PURICLEAN (the powder version), which I find very efficient, It even removed black marks inside the piece of tubing that I have used for the last 15 years or so!!

I also carry a pack of the Puriclean tabs for occassional use if required when we are away.

BUT the main reason for posting is to sing the praises of FOREVER BLACK for blackening trim and bumpers. I, like many, have used the silicone based back to black and other products which quickly fade to the grey colour that bumpers turn with age.

I picked up this product from e-bay on the recommendation of a fellow member of the auto-sleepers owners forum about a year ago. Expensive at about £15 or so but VERY IMPRESSIVE,

I did my bumper (2006 Transit) March 2012 and it still was looking good, however I redid it today and it is amazing the finish it gives. I reckon I still have enough for at least 1 more year, so I reckon that is good value.

The only minor nuisance is that you need to remove any silicone residue from previous products, but a silicone solvent is supplied.

FOREVER BLACK is a dye so it stains the bumper permanently, it is applied by one of those plastic bottles with a sponge on top, but i prefer to squeeze it out and then use a paintbrush for a more even coating and also to get into the awkward corners. It looked patchy last year with one coat applied by the spongy bit. However on the second coat (which they recommend) it looks good.

FOREVER BLACK also do a tyre gel which I am intending to buy although it is harder to obtain, it is a dye as well which includes UV protection and constituents which absorb into the sidewalls. I can't remember the name of the chemicals which over the life of the tyre leech out allowing the tyre to harden and go brittle. It should promote the length of life and reduce sidewall crazing, worth looking at their website. I am not in a big rush as I have just put new tyres on, so should be OK for a while.

Highly recommend the bumper dye. If I had thought I should have taken before and after photos.

Davy

Liked by: Ally

Michelinman
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: rossdowneyleisures…
My Motorhome: Autotrail Arapaho
Base Vehicle: Ducato x250 2008
Subject:

Re: Forever Black bumper dye

· 
Posted: 31.03.2013  ·  #2
I use that product as well and find it great for a lasting shine. Even the tyre gel is better that anything else ive tried :up:

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Forever Black bumper dye

· 
Posted: 01.04.2013  ·  #3
:up:

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.