digger
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Mirage 6000
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Mains supply electric

· 
Posted: 07.11.2011  ·  #1
I run a cable from inside the house through a window to hook up MH at home. I want to put an outside power supply point on to keep heat in the house over the winter.
Can anyone advise is it better to use a normal outdoor point and an adaptor or put on a hookup point similar to those supplied at sites. I know nothing about electrics and worry about the safety of electricity outside.
Thanks Brian

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

Re: Mains supply electric

· 
Posted: 07.11.2011  ·  #2
Hi.

I had an external supply fitted a few years ago when getting an extension built.

The contractor fitted a proper caravan site fitting which I believe is what building control would accept as a proper installation, possibly by legislation. Mine also has an on/off rocker switch/socket with a 13 amp removable fuse on the interior wall of the house.

No hassle instant connection and i have conversion leads made up for those good weather days when i wish to use household tools outside.

Davy

Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.11.2011  ·  #3
Funny you should ask Brian.

I was talking about this yesterday.
I want to get a caravan type socket and a waterproof standard one for power washers , Christmas lights etc.

Think it is best to get a qualified electrician to do it.

Tourer64

Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.11.2011  ·  #4
Definately get a qualified sparky to do it. They will install the caravan site type which at least is weatherproof.

And wait to you see how many friends with caravans and motorhomes you can now put up in your drive......!!!

digger
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Mirage 6000
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.11.2011  ·  #5
Thanks guys for the advice.
Ill get a 'man' in. :D

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.