Dockland Galway City

Harbour Authority area

scooter
Craic'er
Subject:

Dockland Galway City

· 
Posted: 07.11.2011  ·  #1
Well might put in my penny's worth.Does everyone already know about this?Perfect overnight spot on the docks.Park after 7pm.Pay 3 euro and it coversw you till 8am.just make shure your on the side with the boats as the other side is corporation and serious clamping goes on.electrics are available with a card purchased from a pub on the docks(name eludes me at moment).Great spot and easy walk to food,drink etc.Found a tap near the marina entrance gate(need a wrench to turn it).Hope this is good for a start.Cheers from Joe.

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Dockland Galway City

· 
Posted: 07.11.2011  ·  #2
Nice one thanks :up:

Bronagh
Benny Hill Wannabe
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.11.2011  ·  #3
Brilliant, thats a very handy spot for us! :up:

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.11.2011  ·  #4
old westie

Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.05.2012  ·  #5
I know this area well but was always told by locals that it was not a safe area?? I have stayed on roadway at the leisure centre in salthill and had no problems. Also good but a wee bit far out is Furbo beach with a top class pub beside it.

Waterman
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs A6971 AKA Hoot
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2nd Gen 2.8HDi 128PS
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.05.2012  ·  #6
I see campers there all the time but I've never heard any report of an incident to do with a camper either online or in the local rag. I think it is as safe as it gets for a 'city' center aire type location. In truth it is a great location for allowing one to sample the evening delights of Galway.

biffo
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Docks Galway

· 
Posted: 03.05.2012  ·  #7
Hi to all..........we stayed on the docks in Galway last saturday night, (26/04/2012). We had a peaceful night.....a few late revellers returning to the apartments opposite .....but they were no problem. Considering its location and only €3 for twelve hours it is perfect. Remember to check the time on the meter as it don't give you your twelve hours until seven pm. There are taps on the ehus and the card can be bought at the pub across the road, it's called 8 (eight).
A clamping van appeared around nine in the morning but didn't pay any attention to us.

Happy Camping.... :up: .... :* ..... :sleep:

cashmp
Craic'er
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.06.2012  ·  #8
Parked on the docks at present along with 4 other campers the location is very good we walked up and around city centre in a few minutes seems quit now 2300 will update later

jetty
Love's the Craic
Subject:

docklands galway

· 
Posted: 02.06.2012  ·  #9
We stayed at docklands on Wednesday night. Arrived at about 7 and left following morning at 9.30. It was 8 euro. We didnt stay at the side where the dun aengus apartments, we were at other side. IT was very quiet there. There is a barrier on way in so u get ur ticket and then pay the following morning. There is a new rate for parking of 8 euro for 24 hrs so presume we fell into that range. We were there for over 14 hrs which was good value. Its a bit early with children to be pulling out at 8am, just to save the few euro.
:D

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.06.2012  ·  #10
Have heard of that place before it sounds ideal, seems to be the nearest thing we have to a French type urban 'Aire de Stationnement pour Camping-car', have you any satnav coordinates for the spot.

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.06.2012  ·  #11
Quote by baguette

Have heard of that place before it sounds ideal, seems to be the nearest thing we have to a French type urban 'Aire de Stationnement pour Camping-car', have you any satnav coordinates for the spot.

Check out the user map it's on there, :-)

barryconnolly

Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.06.2012  ·  #12
Stayed there myself a couple of times, quite spot no problems with parking there

simonjfoley
simonjfoley
My Motorhome: Hymer B654
Base Vehicle: Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 16.06.2012  ·  #13
Yes I've been there Joe, a great spot no doubt we could do with a few more like that around the country. Thanks for hilighting it. Cheers Sime

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.