Glen of Aherlow

GerryC
Subject:

Glen of Aherlow

· 
Posted: 24.02.2013  ·  #1
Hi all,

We`re thinking of heading to the Glen of Aherlow next weekend (1st March). Has anyone been there? Wondering if we`ll be the only MH on the site at this time of year. At least there`s a pub nearby :D Would be nice to meet up with some other campers.

Gerry and Denyse

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Knaus Sport Ti 700 UFB Silverline
Base Vehicle: Renault Master 150 dci Quickshift
Subject:

Re: Glen of Aherlow

· 
Posted: 26.02.2013  ·  #2
Hi Gerry and Denyse

Which site are you going to? Aherlow is a nice spot, I haven' passed that way in a while but there are Motorhomes always on the move in that area. We hope to get the Motorhome out this weekend our selves so we might cross paths, anyway enjoy the weekend.

Pat

GerryC
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.02.2013  ·  #3
Hi Pat,

It`s the "Glen of Aherlow Caravan & Camping Park" http://www.tipperarycamping.com/index.html. We spoke to the owner earlier this week. She seemed very nice and said that it was a bit quiet last weekend but there`s always a few campers around. We`ll definitely give it a go. We plan to be there around lunchtime on Friday. Might see you there if you`re around :D

Gerry and Denyse

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.02.2013  ·  #4
Hi Gerry,

It's suppose to be a lovely site, I was never there because it is too near home, The Glen Hotel is just down the road and it is closed down, there is a large carpark there and might be suitable to overnight there. I don't know if anybody used it???????

Pat

hymer524
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer 524
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 27.02.2013  ·  #5
Hi, GerryC

In our opinion The Glen of Aherlow camp site is excellent Free showers/Wifi great way marked walks if your into that. There's a pub 500 mtrs down the road at the tourist Information office, Also their is a hotel just a mile and a half up the other road Called The Aherlow House Hotel great food.

Ballincorty house campsite not open till Open dates:1 April - 31 October. But they have a fine Restaurant and is open most of the time it would be best to book first details here http://www.camping.ie/ :-)

GerryC
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.02.2013  ·  #6
Thanks for the info Pat and Tom. Much appreciated. We`re looking forward to heading down tomorrow :D

CHAUSSON
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 04.03.2013  ·  #7
Hi Gerry,

We failed to get away this weekend, Did ye go To Aherlow? if so how did ye get on?

Pat.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.