Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

So much for ADAC??

· 
Posted: 03.11.2011  ·  #1
Taken from - http://www.motorhomefacts.com/…rance.html

On our way home after a very enjoyable tour around the Rhine and Mosel in our Hobby 700, we were parked in a motorway aire having breakfast when we were hit by an unmanned 16 wheel HGV.
The driver went in to pay for his diesel and had not applied the handbrake when his lorry decided to trundle down the hill and smash into our van.
A rather traumatic experience indeed but not as traumatic as us discovering our insurance company would only arrange to bring the M/H back to the UK but not us.
Our European breakdown cover (ADAC) would only pay 200 euros towards any recovery and the bill to take the M/H from the aire to the local recovery depot was over 2000 euros !
We thought we had every aspect of every possible incident covered but this episode proves how wrong we were.
The reason for this post is to ask other members if they can recommend a good insurance company that provides comprehensive repatriation from Europe of both M/H and occupants in the event of an accident/breakdown.

wayfarer
Love's the Craic
Subject:

Re: So much for ADAC??

· 
Posted: 07.11.2011  ·  #2
Now that's a real eye opener Ally, thanks for the info. The only other one I know of is Mondial Breakdown Cover, which I am with but you need to be a member of MCC Ireland to get cover.

Tourer64

Subject:

Re: So much for ADAC??

· 
Posted: 08.11.2011  ·  #3
The Caravan Club have a policy called Red Pennant. I find it a little expensive for my van (8.38 mtrs and weighing 5 tonne) but it certainly holds all the bells and whistles. I have had a reason to call them out once in Austria and I can say their service was second to none, however it was a minor callout so not really tried to the extreme but I do ensure that the policy contains a repatriation element as I would hate to have to abandon my van on the continent in the case of a RTA for example. I don't know if you have to be a member of the CC to avail of the policy...

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.