StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Electricity costs following meters being installed

· 
Posted: 20.03.2023  ·  #1
Quite a surprise this weekend as it was the first weekend open and the first with electricity being charged at cost based on actual use.

Initial thoughts are that if electricity is provided at a flat fee the user has little incentive to consider their consumption. That said when you are charged for actual use you use want you need, ONLY.

The average price per day the customer paid for electricity was €1.68, the most €3.50 the least 27 cents.

All seemed pleasantly surprised especially when the minimum 24 rate on sites is now €5 per day with others charging £7, €8 and even €10.

I was discussing this with Amanda and I said that if I’m charged what I consider is an unreasonable amount for hook up I will not use it or if I really need it then I won’t economise at all.

Anyway if any of you are friends with a site owner who is considering meters I have found a good supplier of the ehu outlets in Germany at about a third of the cost to comparable UK sourced units and I’m happy to share details if required just get them to email me strandcampingdoonbeg@gmail.com

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.