'Aire Prk Reservation'...anyone a member of this scheme?

Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

'Aire Prk Reservation'...anyone a member of this scheme?

· 
Posted: 28.02.2023  ·  #1
Hi. I have a CampingCarPark card and have been premium member a few years. I want to use the 'Aire Park Reservation' scheme also this year. Is anyone a member of this scheme?..If so is there a membership card as such like there is from CCP and if so how did you get yours from the entry gate in the same way the CCP entry gates issue membership cards?

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

Re: 'Aire Prk Reservation'...anyone a member of this scheme?

· 
Posted: 28.02.2023  ·  #2
i used them a couple of times last year ,one was Arras where you can't book and the other was Dijon which was outside the campsite Camping Du Lac Kir which again you didn't have to prebook and that had been taken back over by the campsite. I have signed up on their website and if you pre book they will send you a qr code to print off for access to their sites which is how you gain entry at Arras but you pay by card and it spits a load of qr codes at you, so a little different to campingcarparks where you load the card for entry.

Ps , you don't need to prebook you can pay by card at the entry where it will issue the codes for the electric ,water and entry and exit , beware if they are all like Arras the tickets spew out really fast i you have to be quick to catch them which could be a problem if its windy :happy:

Liked by: Hymer544

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.02.2023  ·  #3
I have the Camping-car Park card and have also upgraded to their PACK'PRIVILÈGES in the past.
As it says on the tin it's really useful for reserving a pitch either in one of their Camping-car Parks or one of the Municipal sites they run under their Camping de mon Village product, particularly during busy times.

Davy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Hymer B598 PL
Base Vehicle: Fiat 130 hp multijet
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.02.2023  ·  #4
I have not prebooked with Aire park reservations, but used lots of their sites. I would make 3 points about them.

1. Their webpage is not particularly user friendly nor do they seem to have an app. All info is in french which is ok but requires a bit of thought.
2. As they take over the running of more and more Aires I have not noticed any moves to have a uniform system of entry and payment. Sites appear to continue with whatever system was in place before takeover especially where barriers already exist. So payment methods can vary.
3. Whereas camping carpark seem to spend a bit of money to improve and standardise their locations, on several Aires were Aire park reservation have taken control there appears to have been no investment whatsoever, not even repainting white lines to Demark bays on tarmac locations. Camerat sur mer and the Mi Lady beach Aire at Biarritz are 2 such examples where nothing changed.

Having said this, they appear to be growing as quickly, if not quicker than camping carpark in the number of Aires they control or manage, so I guess we just work with the system they have.

Davy

Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.02.2023  ·  #5
Quote by Davy

I have not prebooked with Aire park reservations, but used lots of their sites. I would make 3 points about them.

1. Their webpage is not particularly user friendly nor do they seem to have an app. All info is in french which is ok but requires a bit of thought.
2. As they take over the running of more and more Aires I have not noticed any moves to have a uniform system of entry and payment. Sites appear to continue with whatever system was in place before takeover especially where barriers already exist. So payment methods can vary.
3. Whereas camping carpark seem to spend a bit of money to improve and standardise their locations, on several Aires were Aire park reservation have taken control there appears to have been no investment whatsoever, not even repainting white lines to Demark bays on tarmac locations. Camerat sur mer and the Mi Lady beach Aire at Biarritz are 2 such examples where nothing changed.

Having said this, they appear to be growing as quickly, if not quicker than camping carpark in the number of Aires they control or manage, so I guess we just work with the system they have.

Davy

thanks Davy, growing indeed...apparently near 1500 aires on the Aire Park Reservation scheme as opposed to 900 on the CCP scheme...it seems to be the way of things going forward. i have no problem paying 12 or so euro for a secure nights sleep with some facilities...less chance of some wee asshole banging the side of your van in the middle of the night thinking they are hilarious!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.