Mercedes 207D 'James Cook' camper project in Spain

she needs some love and will give back lots!!

Bas
Subject:

Mercedes 207D 'James Cook' camper project in Spain

· 
Posted: 07.01.2023  ·  #1
With pain in my heart, I've decided to sell my 1980 Mercedes 207D 'James Cook' factory built camper. She's got an almost new engine, sourced from a wrecked G-model Mercedes Jeep in 2008. We drove her from the Netherlands (where she's registered) to Spain (where she lives with our friends near Vinyols), and made many trips with her. I replaced the breaks, brake lines, and center axle bearing. Also all tires, but since she's been standing on them, they could be old by now.

She needs TLC: this means, that you have to put time in it before it will run as mice have eaten some wiring, making it impossible to start. So, bring a charged battery and wiring diagram, plus some understanding of how engines work. She hasn't run in five years. But we know diesels only need a little TLC to come back to life!

Windows are in good condition. Chairs from Mazda 626. Has fresh water tank and electric water pump. 2 person bed, I'm 6'2 and could fit in it. Last time I saw her the roof was good. It would be best if you can work on her at the spot, it's near a camp ground, but maybe you can cut a deal to camp right beside her.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

Re: Mercedes 207D 'James Cook' camper project in Spain

· 
Posted: 07.01.2023  ·  #2
While I wish you all the best with the sale I think you might find it difficult to sell it on here as it would really require someone to be living close by and have mechanic skills to get it running

Liked by: eirebus, sprinter

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.