Pre booking campsites

intransit
Subject:

Pre booking campsites

· 
Posted: 19.12.2022  ·  #1
I've been looking at campsites I'd like to visit next year. As this is my first year I'm just wondering do people pre book long before? Like do certain campsites book out or is there always plenty of availability?

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Pre booking campsites

· 
Posted: 19.12.2022  ·  #2
Since lockdown and every man and his dog buying a motorhome or caravan it's very advisable to book way in advance.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.12.2022  ·  #3
Quote by Ally

Since lockdown and every man and his dog buying a motorhome or caravan it's very advisable to book way in advance.

Especially in July/August

Liked by: intransit

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.12.2022  ·  #4
It depends, are you flexible with your dates or are you taking planned time off? How important is the weather?

If you only want to be in your MH in good weather then you cannot book to far in advance, given Ireland’s climate. That said any campsite in a good location and reasonable rates and reviews will be fully booked or there abouts for the June bank holiday weekend (ROI) all of July, the August bank holiday weekend and going through til around the 20 of August when it starts to quieten down a bit.

There are some sites that don’t take bookings, first come first served.

If you have to commit to booking a long way in advance check the booking terms and conditions, some sites, mine included require full payment at the time of booking and it is not refundable. Others may require a small deposit and full payment on arrival.

If you are not tied to a specific location or area then inland sites tend to have more availability.

If I was looking for places to stay in Ireland over the summer then booking bank holiday weekends in particular would be advisable.

If you want to be in a certain area, county but haven’t booked and you have left it too late, contact the sites the day before or day of travel as most sites will get last minute cancellations or no shows.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.12.2022  ·  #5
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.