Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Stena Vision

· 
Posted: 08.12.2022  ·  #1
Introducing Stena Vision!
Have we got news for you! From June 2023 we’ll be introducing Stena Vision to our Rosslare – Cherbourg route.

Now, together with Stena Horizon, we offer the most frequent, fastest and direct service between Ireland and France with six sailings each way, every week!

https://www.stenaline.co.uk/sp…ad-in-fare

Step onboard Stena Vision and sail to France in style. Relax in our Pure Nordic Spa, grab a bite to eat in our onboard restaurant or catch up in the bar whilst the kids have fun in Happy World. Choose from over 485 cabins or Deluxe Suites to unwind in - there’s even space for furry family members in our Pet Cabins!

With summer fares from only £245 single car & driver, now is the perfect time to plan your summer getaway. Even better? You can book today with a low deposit of only £100 to secure your spot for an unforgettable French break away!

Liked by: sprinter

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: Stena Vision

· 
Posted: 08.12.2022  ·  #2
<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.08.2023  ·  #3
Cabins are possibly a little tighter than the Horizon and definitely less well set up for charging phones / tablets, etc...

That said, the restaurant/ bar / lounge areas are so much more generous that I'd definitely be looking to shift my booking by a day to get on the Vision over the Horizon but next time I'd make sure to bring a USB charging brick or 2 from the camper.

Big shout out to Stena, an absolute moron (me) arrived in Rosslare this afternoon and looked at his booking and realised I'd booked for next Friday which definitely wasn't the plan. Apart from putting us through the turn of shame to send us back to the terminal, they fitted us in, cabin and everything. My f**k up but the consequences were so much more benign compared to when you f**k up an airline booking.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.08.2023  ·  #4

I'm surprised your sailing wasn't cancelled , Ardmore (Dick's field ) this evening

<BM>
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rimor Superbrig
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.08.2023  ·  #5
Keeping a fairly even keel considering. Occasional crash over a wave but been on much worse sailings.

Liked by: eirebus, sprinter

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Stena Vision

· 
Posted: 18.08.2023  ·  #6
Have a good trip Brian, no point in wishing you good luck as it seems you already have it. 😊
I'm ready to go, thinking of trying your trick Monday 🤔😎

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2023  ·  #7
Not impressed so far, TX from Stena earlier this evening, "Your 22:00hrs sailing from Rosslare Port, (postcode Y35PH4X) is currently on time."
23. 02 and still on the mooring lines, in Rosslare.
The boat looks good, but seems to be more staff than customer's around the bars and restaurants. Could be the cost, is sending people to bed with their own drink, €6.90 a pint,

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.08.2023  ·  #8
Heard a pint was €6.90 on WB Yeats aswell Martin,

Enjoy your trip 👍🏽👍🏽

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.08.2023  ·  #9
Quote by sprinter

Not impressed so far, TX from Stena earlier this evening, "Your 22:00hrs sailing from Rosslare Port, (postcode Y35PH4X) is currently on time."
23. 02 and still on the mooring lines, in Rosslare.
The boat looks good, but seems to be more staff than customer's around the bars and restaurants. Could be the cost, is sending people to bed with their own drink, €6.90 a pint,

Drop a card in the complaints box thanking them , you bought nothing= 100% profit to you and 0% profit to Stena

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Stena Vision

· 
Posted: 29.08.2023  ·  #10
Don't be in any hurry getting in the queue, we were down early, to have dinner before we boarded, ( we prefer our dinner before 23.00,hrs) loaded on about 12th in line, so about the same line last to get off.
There was a van towed in by Tractor which got off before us, (another Email) 😡
The bright side, Chris (WBS) says Hi and thanks to all Craicers for their visit, they appreciate the business.
Always call in and say, where you got the recommendation.
I got a SIM card for a month @19.16
From FREE MOBILE SIM, located in the Auchan center, in front of you, in the first aisle on the left before you go into the Auchan supermarket proper.
Working good so far.

Liked by: eirebus

mad max
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.08.2023  ·  #11
Quote by sprinter

The bright side, Chris (WBS) says Hi and thanks to all Craicers for their visit, they appreciate the business.
Always call in and say, where you got the recommendation.

I was there a few weeks ago mentioned MHC & you, he rolled his eyes started laughting and told me about your 48hr visit whilst collecting your current MH, (lucky you😁)
He gave a little discount because I knew you aswell 🤓

Liked by: eirebus, sprinter

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 01.09.2023  ·  #12
Unfortunately Chris wasn’t there today. No discount and no free bottle this year. Hope for better luck on the way home.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Stena Vision

· 
Posted: 27.09.2023  ·  #13
I can't offer a great deal, to recommend the Stena Vesion, the loading and unloading is a disaster, apparently because the Bow doors are welded up, which makes a Joke of the Idea of Roll-On Roll-Off Ferry. I haven't seen trucks reversing on to a ferry since 1979.when I traveled on the Rosslare to Fishguard route.
The Price of food and drink is a Rip off, typical when the customer base has no option, but bring your own and don,t buy anything from them.
The carry on of the bar staff, they wouldn't last a full shift in a real pub.
I will never understand why when traveling to and from Ireland to France the TV service is UK. as for the Plug arrangement in the cabins, they clearly don't want anyone to use them.
Now a days you can get free WiFi on a BUS.
one bit of very good Customer service ( or not) ? because we were early on in Rosslare and nearly Last off In Cherbourg, I set my alarm so as to only check in 70 min before departure, ( Travelling Cherbourg - Rosslare, check in opens 3 hours before departure. Check-in closes 60 minutes before departure. ) and was down in the car park near the filling station, organizing dinner, when at 16.41, I got a call from the Girls in the Check in Booth, asking if I was ok, and close to the port, as everyone, but us and one other vehicle had already checked in, she agreed with my explanation, so I made my trough with coffer in hand and Susie holding the pan.
In Rosslare we were being quizzed by the customs about how much wine we had, and were we bringing in any money, 33min after docking.
Strange in neither port did anyone ask if the Gas was turned Off, they always did before?

Liked by: Ally, eirebus

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.