StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Salamanca Rosslare to Bilbao and Bilbao to Rosslare

· 
Posted: 29.11.2022  ·  #1
I thought this be of interest to anyone doing this trip especially with a pet.
We went out Plymouth to Santander on Brittany Ferries Pont Aven. Decided to book a commodore class cabin. No bunks private balcony, stocked fridge only soft drinks, bowl of fruit, chocolates and access to the premium lounge. We put the dog in one of the on board kennels note if you book a kennel for a small to medium dog upto 10kg the kennel is a above the large dog kennels and you have to lift your dog 4/5 feet up. You get kennel access 24/7 and the dog exercise area is directly by the kennel.

No moving on we can back Bilbao to Rosslare on the Salamanca which has replaced the Connemara until Brittany ferries use the Galicia. As a dog owner you go on deck 5, lift to deck 7 where the pet. friendly cabins are and the kennels and the exercise area. The pet friendly cabin we chose was a 4 berth outside cabin with window. Two single beds with two pull down bunks. No fridge no complimentary drinks but an upgrade on the pet friendly cabins in the Connemara. Nice to have on demand tv, uk and continental sockets plus usb outlets. One chair and a clean ensuite. Access to the pet exercise area was great. There is a pee pee can like you see in French parks but mainly just a metal deck with a couple of bits of green Astro turf. Poo bags and poo bins provided and two long hoses. Technically all dogs should wear a muzzle in all public areas in reality muzzles we’re on most but not all dogs in the lift. On arrival at the port dog owners are instructed to go to vehicles ahead of everyone else which is handy. Our sailing was meant to be 11 am Spanish time to Sunday to 3pm Irish time. 27 hours in our case we boarded late and set off at 12 noon Spanish time and arrived at 2pm Irish time 25 hours but we did not get off until just before 3pm.
I’m doing a Friday midnight crossing out arriving on Sunday at 8am local times from Rosslare to Bilbao in January I’ll update this thread with my experience then.

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

Re: Salamanca Rosslare to Bilbao and Bilbao to Rosslare

· 
Posted: 29.11.2022  ·  #2
Thanks for info Jamie, we're hoping to go next year, October to mid December with 2 Jack Russell's, when did you book the trip you've just returned from ?

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: Salamanca Rosslare to Bilbao and Bilbao to Rosslare

· 
Posted: 29.11.2022  ·  #3
Quote by eirebus

Thanks for info Jamie, we're hoping to go next year, October to mid December with 2 Jack Russell's, when did you book the trip you've just returned from ?

I booked my January out end of February back on 20 of September. I also modified by trip back to come home at the end of November in September this year so I did not have to book a long time in advance. Hope this helps?

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.