StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Spain 2022

· 
Posted: 18.10.2022  ·  #1
I arrived yesterday 17 of October into Santander I have never taken so long to get through customs, pretty much every vehicle stopped and lots of questions, I’m guessing it was solely down to arriving in Spain from a British port. We got a space at the very busy Aire in Santander. Handy Aire next to a great park. Toilet empty, grey empty and fresh water available no charge, max 48 hours.

Then went to a mercadona outside Santander I’d done some due diligence and checked Google satellite images and saw plenty of spaces. I arrived at the tight entrance saw no height restrictions and headed on the one way system to the back of the store to see the only exit route had a 2.7m height restriction I measured it and it just over 3m. But I didn’t want to risk it as my van is 3m. So I had to get Amanda to walk in front of me as we headed the wrong way to the entrance. A store official saw me and realised my predicament and lifted out a load of bollards so I could get back on the main road. Now at camping Perlora near Gijon. It’s a bonkers 27 degrees here, hotter than I like and hotter than usual. My lager has increased by 10cents a bottle since the start of the year making it 75cents a litre. The shopping we did would have been double in price in Ireland so I will have to drink and eat a lot to save more money!!!😂 bbq tonight with a few beers, loving this holiday stuff.

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

Re: Spain 2022

· 
Posted: 18.10.2022  ·  #2
We were going to go to Spain end of February but AccuWeather sent me a long message saying Le Ninho is moving in around November for a few months and as a result a lot of bad weather in southern europe.
I’ll monitor and decide at a later date.

Enjoy yourselves and send us some sunny photos!

Liked by: sprinter

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.10.2022  ·  #3
StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 18.10.2022  ·  #4
I have thank you. I might have downloaded it after one of your previous posts. Or maybe some one else. After discount today in a repsol I paid €1.70 I’ve seen cheaper. But this was fine.

Liked by: Ally, ColinM

Hymer544
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: VW Crafter
Base Vehicle: VW Crafter 2.5tdi
Subject:

· 
Posted: 19.10.2022  ·  #5
Sounds gr8...27degrees...it was 2.5 yesterday when I hauled my carcass out to work at 7 in Derry. Enjoy your winter..jammy sod...lol. Repsol gone up a fair bit since August, I got 1.42 euro/litre with discount. But Mercadona is superb, with a family of 5 travelling this summer, we saved a lot in their...make you feel properly shafted by prixes here. Safe truckin!

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.