StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Bringing a dog from ROI to GB confusing

· 
Posted: 27.09.2022  ·  #1
Just checking what is required when I go over to the uk next week with the dog. Lots of reading done. Pet passport required, up to date rabies cert etc and it appears to say tapeworm tablet required 24 to 120 hours before arrival. But on checking the uk.gov website this is not required if coming from ROI, or NI, Finland, Malta or Norway.

I thought I’d share this to save some people the trouble.

I won’t need it from Plymouth to Santander either just on the return Bilbao to Rosslare.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, JJF, sprinter

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Bringing a dog from ROI to GB confusing

· 
Posted: 27.09.2022  ·  #2
Hang on, I'll go get a minefield.

But it seems we need nothing as it's all within the CTA. But reading all the different websites would make you think it's an overly complicated routine. Why they don't simplify the rules I don't know, s'oose it's is the GVT.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.09.2022  ·  #3
having just brought my two furballs home from Spain a couple of weeks ago via GB to Irl to NI there was nothing checked at Holyhead we were asked getting off in Dublin any animals on board and told the guy at customs two dogs, he looked at the passports and on we went, it was even less going out with the French customs at Dover scanning the chip and checking the passports before crossing into France.

Ours have the NI(EU) pet passports and have the necessary jabs to travel per EU rules

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 28.09.2022  ·  #4
Having spoken to loads of Brits this season who have left their dogs at home or have had to pay £200/£300 for the vets certificate per dog to bring their dog in the EU and return many are now getting their pets a Irish EU pet passport, apparently there is one near Dublin who will take all your certs and complete a new pet passport for €35. I have also seen and heard of others getting the pet passport in Spain as it’s cheaper the the GB system,
It’s all bonkers and way to confusing.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 29.09.2022  ·  #5
Quote by StrandcampingDoonbeg

Having spoken to loads of Brits this season who have left their dogs at home or have had to pay £200/£300 for the vets certificate per dog to bring their dog in the EU and return many are now getting their pets a Irish EU pet passport, apparently there is one near Dublin who will take all your certs and complete a new pet passport for €35. I have also seen and heard of others getting the pet passport in Spain as it’s cheaper the the GB system,
It’s all bonkers and way to confusing.

A complete passport at our local spanish vet is aound €30 plus rabies jab as my wife was thinking of getting a rescue dog

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.