Bexley two
Craic'er
My Motorhome: Rapido 990M
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

Re: ACSI Campsites

· 
Posted: 06.09.2022  ·  #2
We're in Villasol in Benidorm, €20, 10 minute walk into town, excellent site, fabulous pool and facilities.

Liked by: TommyS

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 06.09.2022  ·  #3
Quote by Bexley two

We're in Villasol in Benidorm, €20, 10 minute walk into town, excellent site, fabulous pool and facilities.

If your thinking of moving take a look at Camping Lo Monte just south of Torrevieja, we spent 5 weeks in Spain in the spring and this was by far the best site and €18 per night including 4kw of electric.
Fantastic facilities and a great atmosphere in the restaurant. 15min level walk to the port/shops and restaurants.
ACSI guides it at €41 but don’t know how that works

Mark&Wendy
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Roller team 707
Base Vehicle: 2016 Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.09.2022  ·  #4
Quote by TommyS

We are on out third ACSI campsite on the West Coast of France. Its been a long time since I've used them and had forgotten how good value they are. We've paid €18, €16 and €16 per night. All have had good facilities and pools. Couldnt beat it with a big stick.

Travelling out today and using ACSI. First site is booked. Any recommendations for the second week travelling up from La Rochelle.

JJF
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: MotorhomeCraic.com
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.09.2022  ·  #5
Quote by Albert the Talbot

Brian, the rate you get if you’re on the ACSI scheme is €18 per night inc electric if you use it within the catchment dates (low season) so that’s quite a saving
If you are on a long stay on ‘most’ sites they’ll beat the ACSI rates but usually need a 30+ day (or more) stay…screen grab below for Camping Lo Monte

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.09.2022  ·  #6
We stayed at Camping de Kerabus at Carnac, beside the Stones. Its a handy walk into town. We are heading to Les Sables d'Olonne today.

Liked by: JJF, Mark&Wendy

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.09.2022  ·  #7
Quote by JJF

Quote by Albert the Talbot

Brian, the rate you get if you’re on the ACSI scheme is €18 per night inc electric if you use it within the catchment dates (low season) so that’s quite a saving
If you are on a long stay on ‘most’ sites they’ll beat the ACSI rates but usually need a 30+ day (or more) stay…screen grab below for Camping Lo Monte

Just to add to this site when we were there there was a great community of over wintering Irish mostly in huge vans and I’d have to say the pitches were huge, ours was a small one measuring 12mx9m

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.09.2022  ·  #8
I have had the book/card every year since going to France /Europe , Have it on a direct debit so get sent it along with the club ID card, have only ever used it twice as i rarely stop anywhere more than a couple of days and dont need site facilities but for the price it's great for a back up and tend to give my books/card away to someone on my return .(last couple of trips have been high season so not really any use .)

Liked by: TommyS

The Rambler
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle: Vauxhall Movano 2.5 CDTI
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.09.2022  ·  #9
We stayed at 'Camping Les Chevaliers de Malte' (ACSI) in Villedieu-le-Poeles (Normandy) a couple of weeks back. Nice town. I would;d go back.

Liked by: johnnymac, TommyS

johnnymac
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Adria 660SP
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.8
Subject:

· 
Posted: 07.09.2022  ·  #10
Quote by The Rambler

We stayed at 'Camping Les Chevaliers de Malte' (ACSI) in Villedieu-le-Poeles (Normandy) a couple of weeks back. Nice town. I would;d go back.

It's a lovely town and a very short walk from the campsite. I forget which day is market day but a fantastic market and the town was buzzing.

Liked by: The Rambler

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.09.2022  ·  #11
Just arrived at Camping Clairefontaine at Royan, about 2k into town. Its €22 per night with electric and swimming pool. Only weird thing was I had to leave a €70 cleaning deposit in case I left the site dirty. Thing is its a normal site with pine needles on the ground. I just can't see what I can do to dirty it

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.09.2022  ·  #12
Quote by TommyS

Just arrived at Camping Clairefontaine at Royan, about 2k into town. Its €22 per night with electric and swimming pool. Only weird thing was I had to leave a €70 cleaning deposit in case I left the site dirty. Thing is its a normal site with pine needles on the ground. I just can't see what I can do to dirty it

Been there a good few times Tommy and never had to pay that , but we look clean and respectable 😂

Liked by: sprinter, TommyS

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

ACSI Campsites

· 
Posted: 10.09.2022  ·  #13
Quote by eirebus

Quote by TommyS

Been there a good few times Tommy and never had to pay that , but we look clean and respectable 😂

Maybe they are going to clean his motorhome, can't have a dirty one leaving their site. 🤔😂

Liked by: eirebus, TommyS

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.09.2022  ·  #14
Must have been the 2 horses put them off

Liked by: sprinter

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.09.2022  ·  #15
They wouldn't let me wash them in the pool

Liked by: sprinter

eirebus
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Dethleffs Advantage
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.3
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.09.2022  ·  #16
Quote by TommyS

Must have been the 2 horses put them off

😂😂

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.09.2022  ·  #17
Well you coukdnt expect them to use the showers, not much room to turn

ColinM
Craic Addict
My Motorhome: Rapido 655F
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2022  ·  #18
On Friday we drove from near Perigeux to Carcassonne, was really looking forward to seeing it again, haven't been there for about 30 years. I thought it being September we wouldn't need to book. WRONG, it was packed, so at about 7:30 we drove to a country campsite about 10 miles from Carcassonne, it was packed as well. We asked if we could buy some water at the bar, "no" he said, we are sold out. We asked could we fill a couple of bottles from a tap, "no" again, we have only sufficient water for the campsite!!! We found camping carpark site to stay on about 25 miles away, definitely handy to have that as a backup, I see now the minimum topup for the card is 80 euros. There seems to more campers and touring caravans than ever, I would never have needed to book sites outside the season before, but now I think its wise to check ahead. We are on a great 5 star site near Perignan, 22 euros per night with ACSI couldn't beat it. 😎

Liked by: petie

rebbyvid
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: TRIBUTE T615 SPORT
Base Vehicle: FORD TRANSIT
Subject:

· 
Posted: 11.09.2022  ·  #19
Seen on another forum it is mad busy in Brittany on the coast , I normally go over Sept and it has never been too busy ,perhaps every other country is overrun with motorhomes due to covid and staystations and they are now getting out . I did 7 weeks late June ,July and beginning of August and never struggled to find a place to park and never saw any full. One thing i did observe was that i had not seen any Belgium or German vans until i got to Dijon and i was on an aire outside the campsite and the aire and campsite was full of Belgium's and a few Germans
Heres a link via caramaps of the places i stopped .(if you click on show on the sites it gives pics and up to date reviews)

https://www.caramaps.com/trip/283500/view

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.