Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Templars Inn

· 
Posted: 08.07.2022  ·  #1
I messaged Templars and mentioned comments and my own view a couple of weeks ago, in view to making them aware what Motorhome Users were thinking and to try and help them with more business. I stated that I knew not many were visiting and the reasons I thought why that was.

A good result I think.

I am pleased to announce...

Hi Ally, I just wanted to reach out and let you know that from today, we are offering guests of our Motorhome Park a 10% discount when they dine in our restaurant during their stay. We read the reviews that you sent us and took them on board!
Can we set up a listing on your app or how does this work?
Best Regards,
Yvonne..

Liked by: JMAC, PaulH

Ally
Founder
Subject:

Re: Templars Inn

· 
Posted: 08.07.2022  ·  #2
I know there are those that think this isn't enough, I don't actually think it is either, free parking for those spending over a certain amount is what we promote, and we also do not need services. Charge those that don't visit the premises.

However, this is a business and it is their decision, we also need more places like it, I approached them and this is the deal they came up with, if it works for them albeit, if it doesnt then they will have to look at it again.

I applaud them for listening and recognising that they needed to do something, time will tell whether it is enough, and if not who knows, they might look at it again.

the fat controller
Eat's Sleep's craic
Homepage: fincaangelacat.com
My Motorhome: Benimar Tessoro 481
Base Vehicle: Ford Transit
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.07.2022  ·  #3
I have to agree, something is better than nothing. The number of pubs that are charging is continually increasing so if a discount for spending in the establishment is available then why not, there are too many who are charging €20-25 to park up in a carpark with no facilities and no discount for spending. Remember if you don't like it move on you are not being forced to stay and pay.

They have to be applauded for actually listening to what we were saying.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, jacktherev

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.07.2022  ·  #4
Quote by the fat controller

I have to agree, something is better than nothing. The number of pubs that are charging is continually increasing so if a discount for spending in the establishment is available then why not, there are too many who are charging €20-25 to park up in a carpark with no facilities and no discount for spending. Remember if you don't like it move on you are not being forced to stay and pay.

They have to be applauded for actually listening to what we were saying.

If I owned a pub with a big car park and was getting €25 without offering discount and feeling mercenary I’d be all in favour of local height barriers to send more folk my way.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.07.2022  ·  #5
Quote by gavster1

If I owned a pub with a big car park and was getting €25 without offering discount and feeling mercenary I’d be all in favour of local height barriers to send more folk my way.

If you owned a pub and were getting €25 with no discount, you'd be the first. Which is the reason I contacted them to start with, they weren't getting many motorhome owners at €20 and no discount.

I *did* own a pub, I wish at the time I had of known about Motorhoming, they would of been very welcome for free, if they visited the bar.

Liked by: eirebus, Jsl, PaulH, sprinter

Gavster
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: LMC Liberty 630R (LHD)
Base Vehicle: Fiat Ducato 2.5 TD
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.07.2022  ·  #6
Quote by Ally

Quote by gavster1

If you owned a pub and were getting €25 with no discount, you'd be the first. Which is the reason I contacted them to start with, they weren't getting many motorhome owners at €20 and no discount.

I *did* own a pub, I wish at the time I had of known about Motorhoming, they would of been very welcome for free, if they visited the bar.

Just the usual charges for damages 😉

Liked by: Ally

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Templars Inn

· 
Posted: 08.07.2022  ·  #7
My two Pee's worth.
A pub that allows overnight parking, to in courage people to come and have their fill of food and or drink, and then go and sleep in their vans great, if you don't use the facilities, charge a fee,
Great. Just exactly what you need. If its in an area where there are lots of things to do, for a few days, then charge a Daly rate.
But a pub that's in the middle of nowhere, with nothing to do only go back to the pub, for the afternoon and evening, and charging for the privilege, is not going to have much or any return visits, there is only so long most people will sit looking at the back of a pub, and a sea you have to travel 3k to get too, and not safe to walk there.
This could be a great stopover, but a campsite nah.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, Paul mcg

TommyS
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: EuraMobil
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

· 
Posted: 08.07.2022  ·  #8
I'm in two camps here. I dont mind paying a few pounds for safe parking but if it was a larger fee I might not be tempted to spend as much in the bar/restsurant. We were away 3 days last week. Stayed at Carrick a Rede Pub at Ballintoy for free in the carpark and spent over £50 in bar/restsurant, then Portrush for £12 for the night and a few pounds in a local pub plus a carryout, then onto Portstewart with a small fee and about £60 in a local restsurant. If I had spent £60 on site fees I wouldnt have been as keen buying the meals

PDK
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Burstner A647
Base Vehicle: Fiat ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2022  ·  #9
I dont think.thats enough, that's why we kept going last time. My thoughts are we go to the pub for food the least we are going to spend is €30 for 2 mains, sometimes I like a dessert another 5/6 euros, if we don't have food and only drink pint and a glass of guinness is approx 7/8€ depending on where you are and we've never left after 1 drink usually 4 or more. So either food or drink we'd spend €30 plus, Great they are listening but still think more could be done and agree with sprinter it's very isolated so only a stopover and wouldn't need ehu. And yes we do need places like these, but they need customers too, whatever they drive, everyone is being hit with rising cost of living so any business is better than empty seats.
Just my opinion, I wish them well as we own a business ourselves.

Liked by: Ally, eirebus, sprinter

Albert the Talbot
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Pilote Galaxy 92
Base Vehicle: Sprinter
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2022  ·  #10
My thinking is €10 although still a lot may put him in a position where he would have more vans parked up which would no doubt lead to greater footfall to his restaurant/pub and evidently increase his turnover but hey I’m not a businessman!

Liked by: Ally, PDK

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 09.07.2022  ·  #11
Going back to the original idea of providing parking for motorhomes.
It was and still is in many places a concept to bring additional spend in the premises of the provider or town/village, not a direct source of income through parking charges in itself.
At a high demand holiday destination with lots to offer a parking charge of €10 - €15 is generally accepted but in locations with a more modest holiday/tourist offering parking is often free as an incentive to encourage visitors to come to the premises/town/village

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Templars Inn

· 
Posted: 09.07.2022  ·  #12
It could be a spot for a winter weekend to boost the business in the lean times, for the likes of the six nation away weekends.half fill the parking, few pints Friday night,under 20 match, main matches Saturday /
Sunday, food and drink get together Saturday evening/night.
But you would be bringing businesses, not to be charged for the privilege.

Liked by: Ally, baguette, eirebus, PDK

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
Subject:

Templars Inn

· 
Posted: 09.07.2022  ·  #13
I was up for a couple of pints earlier, 3 vans, one of which left before us. While we were there, a M/H drove through the carpark, and 3 passed by.
Sad to see, but speaks for itself, people are voting wirh their wheel's.

PDK
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome: Burstner A647
Base Vehicle: Fiat ducato
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2022  ·  #14
Quote by sprinter

I was up for a couple of pints earlier, 3 vans, one of which left before us. While we were there, a M/H drove through the carpark, and 3 passed by.
Sad to see, but speaks for itself, people are voting wirh their wheel's.

Have to sadly agree, we turned in tbe carpark no one there, went to joes for 2 nights

Liked by: Ally

Paul mcg
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2022  ·  #15
My view would be if a couple drove in to the carpark and went into the pub and had a few drinks and food and drove out later that night you wouldn't charge them for parking. now that parking space is empty until the next day presumably ! So if it's a motorhome why not let them stay no harm as long as they have the space. Pubs put in beer gardens to attract business why not water and dran and black water. It wouldn't cost a wild amount again if they have the space.

Ally
Founder
Subject:

· 
Posted: 10.07.2022  ·  #16
Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.