Good spot between Doolin and Clifden that isn't Galway...?

siyoung91
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.06.2022  ·  #1
Hi forum

First time poster here, looking forward to engaging with the community.

I'm heading to Ireland next month in a rental campervan with my wife. I have a rough itinerary and have booked my stops for the first week or so. But I've come to a bit of a block re Galway. I will be arriving from Doolin and I was keen to check out Galway but reading on here seems to suggest it's a bit of a no-go for campers. I see there are a couple of the sites out of the city but the reviews are very mixed and they appear expensive.

My plan was to be in Galway for a day or two before heading to Connemara but maybe I'll skip Galway entirely and take my time a bit through the area.

So I suppose my question is: are there any spots between Doolin and Clifden that you'd recommend for a 1 night stop? Maybe there are some cool campsites a bit off the beaten track that you'd recommend. We are keen to do some hiking so any places where there are some good hikes would be great.

Thanks all

StrandCampingDoonbeg
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: mobilvetta mh 85
Base Vehicle: Fiat
Subject:

Re: Good spot between Doolin and Clifden that isn't Galway...?

· 
Posted: 20.06.2022  ·  #2
Not between but inland from Doolin, corofin camping, in the town but on the edge of the Burren and there is a bus from the campsite entrance to the Burren, great walking area.

Liked by: siyoung91

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 20.06.2022  ·  #3
Get yourself the Motorhome Parking Ireland APP. (Paid version) it has a lot, of different type of stops on the way west of Galway.
Camp St Cafe in Oughterard , there are local walks from around and there is a bus service (irish citylink) if you must visit Galway, last return 17.30. just back in time for the best Fish and Chips. with Dessie

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

Re: Good spot between Doolin and Clifden that isn't Galway...?

· 
Posted: 20.06.2022  ·  #4
If you have the motorhome parking ireland app you'll see a place called The Camp Street Cafe in Oughterard. I've used it a few times, it's a fine spot in the middle of the town and the grub is good too

Liked by: eirebus, siyoung91

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.