Greystones

The rock just might be starting to roll up the hill.

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

Greystones

· 
Posted: 03.06.2022  ·  #1
I received this mail from Jodi this morning.
Hi Martin,

I want to thank you for getting in touch with me about your thoughts on campervans in Greystones. I have been working with the Council on the issue and am delighted to be able to relay some good news!

Upon my request, the Council are now actively looking at sites for a designated, serviced campervan park for holiday makers coming to Greystones. We recognise the value that visitors coming in campervans is good for local business and good for tourism in Greystones and across Wicklow.

I will continue to work with the Council to look at appropriate sites, close to the town centre in Greystones and where campervans can we well serviced with water connectivity, toilets, sewage connection and other utilities. They are actively looking at the space behind the Council buildings, although it may not be large enough however, we are not ruling that out.

This will be a challenge due to lack of adequate space in general, however, I am hopeful that we can find a solution.

I will keep you updated, in the meantime check out my press release I have sent to local media here:

https://www.greystonesguide.ie…van-sites/

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Ally
Founder
Homepage: motorhomecraic.com
My Motorhome: Lunar Roadstar 780
Base Vehicle: Fiat 2.8 JTD
Subject:

Re: Greystones

· 
Posted: 03.06.2022  ·  #2
Well done 👍👍

The only bit that concerns me "other utilities" - fresh water, drive over drain and black dump is all that's needed.

baguette
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rapido 963F
Base Vehicle: Ducato 2.8 JTD Power
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.06.2022  ·  #3
Councils need to be made aware that the services bay need not to be located in the same place as the parking bays.
Sometimes the nicest area for parking doesn't have water and sewage services in the same place.
Providing the services bay where there is a ready connection to existing municipal water and sewage pipes reduces the cost and time to delivery.

Paul mcg
Love's the Craic
My Motorhome:
Base Vehicle:
Subject:

· 
Posted: 03.06.2022  ·  #4
Quote by sprinter

I received this mail from Jodi this morning.
Hi Martin,

I want to thank you for getting in touch with me about your thoughts on campervans in Greystones. I have been working with the Council on the issue and am delighted to be able to relay some good news!

Upon my request, the Council are now actively looking at sites for a designated, serviced campervan park for holiday makers coming to Greystones. We recognise the value that visitors coming in campervans is good for local business and good for tourism in Greystones and across Wicklow.

I will continue to work with the Council to look at appropriate sites, close to the town centre in Greystones and where campervans can we well serviced with water connectivity, toilets, sewage connection and other utilities. They are actively looking at the space behind the Council buildings, although it may not be large enough however, we are not ruling that out.

This will be a challenge due to lack of adequate space in general, however, I am hopeful that we can find a solution.

I will keep you updated, in the meantime check out my press release I have sent to local media here:

https://www.greystonesguide.ie…van-sites/

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Well done Martin 👋👋👍

hillton9
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Rollerteam t-line 740
Base Vehicle: Fiat muiltijet
Subject:

Greystones

· 
Posted: 22.06.2022  ·  #5
Loved it the first and only time we stayed there the second time we felt we were not welcome but would love to go back we’ll done Martin 👍

sprinter
Eat's Sleep's craic
My Motorhome: Matilda 2 Pilote 703FP Explorateur
Base Vehicle: 3ltr 318 Sprinter Automatic
Subject:

· 
Posted: 22.06.2022  ·  #6
Here is a copy of my last communication with Jodie, I'm sure there is a lot of Poli-Ticking going on.
Hi Jodie. 3 Jun 2022, 21:27
Thanks for mail. I'm a little concerned when I see this,
"close to the town center in Greystones and where campervans can we well serviced with water connectivity, toilets, sewage connection and other utilities."
Are people relay aware how little facilities are required when using a modern motorhome /campervan.I don't understand when you say utilities?.
For instance somewhere to park safely is first, then the availability of Potable water, and a service point to empty toilet cassette,a and a drive over drain for grey water, this can be anywhere in the town, it doesn't need to be in the same area as parking, and only one is required, somewhere out of the way with access. This is the setup in a lot of towns/village's in France, some are a very simple affair, other are a credit card pay station with a limited amount of water delivered for no more than €3.this could be set up beside the Super-loo, at the south beech car park.electric plug in is not required by most people, although if provided a lot will avail of it.
Parking could be provided on the waste ground along the Charlesland road away from the medical center, with the separation spaces used during the day for patients.
my camper is available to you at anytime if you want to check out how they work.
I can also provide a selection of motorhome, and campervans to demonstrate how little we require, and how they might fit into a given space.
Regards,
Martin.

Selected quotes for multi-quoting:   0

Registered users in this topic

Currently no registered users in this section

The statistic shows who was online during the last 5 minutes. Updated every 90 seconds.